Evaluator at Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Support the Investigations and Compliance Branches of Verification and Compliance for Immigration New Zealand
- Review allegations and referrals of criminal offences or compliance action under the Immigration Act.
- Join a great team who are dedicated to their work, but also like to have a good laugh
- Salary ranges from $64,079 - $73,364 | Auckland location
We are looking for a new team member to join our fantastic Allocation and Support team. Based in the Auckland CBD with good access to public transport, in a newly renovated office space and the ability to have a flexible working arrangement.
You will be working in the Allocation & Support branch carrying out support functions for either Investigations or Compliance. Allocation & Support provide specialist support, advice and evaluation services to relevant V&C units, the wider INZ business, and other agencies.
Verification & Compliance (V&C) is part of Immigration New Zealand and responsible for preventing and responding to immigration related offending and non-compliance. We provide services that support quality decisions throughout the organisation and assist in ensuring that risk is managed at the earliest point in the immigration process. We ensure New Zealand’s Borders are safe and those individuals and groups that offend against the Immigration Act are dealt with promptly and efficiently.
In the role of Evaluator, you will be responsible for providing a collaborative approach to enforcing immigration policies and statutes of New Zealand; assessing alleged offences against New Zealand law where they relate to fraud and/or compliance and providing reports & recommendations to enable alternative solutions to prosecution or compliance action.
With a busy and varied role, you will need to effectively manage your time and priorities, to ensure business needs are met. Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills will support you well, as you work closely with stakeholders and colleagues. Experience in gathering and assessing information across various platforms as well as reporting writing are a must. Work or in a government regulatory environment, or knowledge of the Immigration Act 2009 & policy to assist in achieving successful outcomes is preferred, but not required.
The Evaluator plays a critical role in supporting the Investigations and Compliance teams by assessing allegations to identify offending against the Immigration Act 2009, along with related statutes including the Crimes Act 1961.
By being a member of this team you will;
- Use your critical thinking, strong reporting writing and sounds communication skills to produce quality reports
- Use your superior communication skills to develop relationships with other business units and Government agencies
- Be proficient in gathering and assessing information across multiple platforms
- Proactively contribute to a positive, supportive team environment
- Well-rounded communication skills, including strong, concise reporting writing
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in evolving, challenging environment
- Sound critical thinking skills with the ability to assess and interpret information
- Excellent interpersonal skills in a variety of settings including cross-cultural, within and across agencies
- Ability to work independently and manage a complex caseload of assessments while also be a part of, and contributing to, a positive team environment
- A relevant Tertiary qualification, and/or comparable relevant work experience is preferred but not required
- Knowledge of the Immigration Act 2009 and amendments, and experience interpreting and applying legislation would be helpful but is not required
MBIE's goal is to create a resilient and high-performing economy that delivers real and ongoing quality of life for all New Zealanders.
We do this by working with others to create an environment that supports businesses to be more productive and internationally competitive, enables all New Zealanders to participate in the economy through improved job opportunities and by working to ensure quality housing is more affordable.
People are at the heart of our mahi, our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Māia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
Our aspirations are echoed in our Māori identity – Hīkina Whakatutuki – which broadly means ‘lifting to make successful'.
MBIE recognises the partnership founded under Te Tiriti o Waitangi between Māori and the Crown and is committed to giving effect to Te Tiriti o Waitangi. We will do this through enduring, meaningful and effective partnerships with iwi, Māori, other Māori groups/organisations and the Crown, as this is critical to enable economic and social development, both for Māori and for wider Aotearoa New Zealand. We are committed to continuing to partner with iwi in order to find new sustainable solutions to address long standing systemic and cross-cutting issues facing Māori and wider Aotearoa New Zealand and we are also committed to identifying opportunities for iwi to lead and creating an enabling environment for iwi to leverage these opportunities.
E mōhio ana a Hīkina Whakatutuki i puea ake te kōtuinga I waenganui i a ngāi Māori me te Karauna i Te Tiriti o Waitangi, ā, kei te whai ia ki te whakaū ake i Te Tiriti o Waitangi. Mā te whai kiko o ngā kōtuinga ahungaroa o ngāi wi, o ngāi Māori, me ētahi atu rōpū Māori ki te Karauna, katutuki tēnei. He āhuatanga nui tēnei e āhei ai ngā mahi whanaketanga ā-ohanga, ā-pāpori hoki ki a ngāi Māori me Aotearoa whānui. E whai tonu ana mātou ki te kōtui atu ki ngā iwi mō te rapu huarahi hou ki te whakaara i ngā kaupapakua roa nei e tāmi ana i a ngāi Māori me Aotearoa whānui, ā, e whai ana hoki ki te tautohu i ngā āheinga kōkiritanga mā ngā iwi, me te tautoko i ngā iwi kia whai mana ake ai ēnei āheinga.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.