Senior Advisor, Nominations at Ministry for Women, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Wellington, full-time (Full time is 38 hours per week).
- Exciting opportunity to join a small dynamic team working to promote diversity and inclusion in public sector governance
- Bring your project leadership, stakeholder engagement and report writing skills to this innovative and creative role
- Engage with a range of Government agencies, community groups and governance organisations to increase the profile of diverse women in governance and build inclusive governance training opportunities
- If you are passionate about equity in governance and committed to building an Aotearoa New Zealand with better outcomes for wāhine women and kōtiro girls, then this is a great opportunity
Manatū Wāhine Ministry for Women is the Government's principal advisor on improving the lives of wāhine women and kōtiro girls in Aotearoa New Zealand. We provide system leadership, working across government and with stakeholders to improve outcomes for wāhine women and kōtiro girls.
Our people are crucial to achieving the strategic outcomes we are seeking. We are looking for an experienced Senior Advisor with a proven track record of delivery to join our team and help us deliver for wāhine women.
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi - About this role
We use our expertise, influencing skills and agility to lead projects across a wide range of areas that support us building governance opportunities and nominating women onto public sector boards and committees. The team divides their time between nominating activities and developing innovative governance initiatives. This role will lead projects end-to-end while supporting the team to deliver on everyday tasks. Maintaining and building new relationships with key stakeholders is central to this role.
We offer a supportive environment and a breadth of experiences within the Ministry, as you will work across all parts the organisation and across government and work with staff at all levels. If you can successfully navigate through ambiguity, enjoy working on cross-sector projects and have a strong work ethic, then we would love to hear from you.
This role sits within the Corporate Services team.
Ko koe tēnei - About you
For this role you will have:
- project management experience and the ability to scope large pieces of work independently from end-to-end, including developing timelines, key milestones, consultation, and risk analysis
- stakeholder engagement and management skills, with experience working with a range of Government agencies and/or community groups
- knowledge of governance, which could include experience on a governance board, support for a governance board or working in the nominations/appointments space
- an understanding of the key differences between Māori and non- Māori worldviews, and their implications for public service operations
- excellent communication, influencing and relationship management skills.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
The salary range for this Senior Advisor role is $93,942 to $114,130. A copy of the full job description is available on our website. To find out more about Manatū Wāhine and what we do, please visit www.women.govt.nz
We are committed to providing a working environment that values inclusion, diversity, and accessibility. We embrace the unique perspective and capabilities of our current and future employees, which will help us to improve outcomes for wāhine women and kōtiro girls. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.
If you would like us to consider a flexible working arrangement, please let us know how that might best work for you as part of your application.
To apply for one of these positions, please send your covering letter which outlines which role you are applying for and why you are interested in the role, and your CV which highlights your skills, knowledge, and experience relevant to the role.
Please send these documents and the application form to the Director Corporate Service via our email address email@example.com
Applications close at 12pm on Wednesday, 8 February 2023.
We will be reviewing applications as they come in, so if you are interested, please get in your application in as soon as possible.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for Women|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.