Occupational Therapist Core I - (Permanent - Full-Time) at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- New Graduate opportunity to work within our Occupational Therapy team at Auckland City Hospital
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We have a permanent, full-time opportunity for a new graduate Occupational Therapist with an interest for working in the fast-paced acute care environment to join our growing team. This position is based at Auckland City Hospital and forms part of the acute hospital Occupational Therapy team. The Core I rotations are six months long with opportunities in the following specialities: acute medical, orthopaedics, older peoples’ health/mana awhi:
- Gain skills and competencies in occupational therapy assessment, treatment, rehabilitation and discharge planning
- Regardless of your experience, you can expect to receive a thorough orientation and regular meetings with your practice supervisor
- Collaborate with the multi-disciplinary team, working closely together to ensure best outcomes for our patient care needs
- On the job training with continuous improvement and development opportunities including a well-established in-service training programme
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
As the ideal person for this role, you will have the following skills and attributes:
- Have NZ registration as an Occupational Therapist with a current Annual Practicing Certificate
- Either be a new graduate or have less than 2 years’ experience as an occupational therapist
- Sound clinical reasoning skills and use of evidence informed practice
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of professional groups in a multidisciplinary setting
- Effective time management, prioritisation and organisation skills
- Drive, energy and initiative with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A pro-active / can-do approach with the ability to be flexible and work autonomously as well as in a team
For more information about this role please contact Natalie Muthoo (Clinical Lead Occupational Therapy) on firstname.lastname@example.org
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
We are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
Te Toka Tumai Auckland is one of the leading healthcare providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary and quaternary clinical services to a large and diverse population. We have state of the art facilities and provide our services from three hospitals – Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children’s Health and Greenlane Clinical Centre.
For more information on what we offer, please click here
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Advertising closes: Monday, 6 February 2023 at Time 11:59 pm (New Zealand standard time).
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022 that includes a simplified residency process for health workers on the new “Green List” of occupations – and this position is one of those designated critical positions! Of course for successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we will provide support with their Visa application. Here are the links to two key pages of NZ Immigration's official site for more information: Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa and Immigration NZ Green List Occupations
Salary Range: Step 1 $58513 to Step 8 $85204 (Depending on experience)
The remuneration for this position is covered by a collective agreement (PSA Allied, Public Health Scientific Technical MECA)
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Elismha Lubbe - Recruitment Consultant at ElismhaL@adhb.govt.nz quoting ref #ADHB16874 to discuss how we can best support your application.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.