Occupational Therapist - (Permanent - Full-Time) at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Work across diverse community settings in a part or full-time, permanent role
- Receive on the job training with continuous improvement and development opportunities
- Join our growing team of Occupational Therapists
- Relocation Assistance Package and Visa Support on offer
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We have the opportunity for New Zealand registered Occupational Therapist’s to join our dedicated Adult Community Service team. We have flexibility available for permanent, part-time and full-time roles available (0.6FTE – 1FTE). Based across Pt Chev Clinical Centre and Greenlane Clinical Centre. These positions form part of a locality-based team of 12 Occupational Therapists and our Occupational Therapy Clinical Coach. Delivering multidisciplinary therapy and interventions to adult clients within our community. This role will also see you contributing to the service by:
- Working with adult clients in the community with physical disabilities and personal health needs
- Conduct weekly visits to patients in their own homes with flexibility for some work to be conducted via telehealth where clinically indicated
- Manage a clinical caseload providing comprehensive and evidence-based care
- Assist patients/clients/family/Whānau to identify their needs and goals
- Contribute collaboratively to our multidisciplinary team including, Physiotherapy, Dietetics, Social Work and Medical colleagues
- Demonstrate culturally safe practice that encompasses a diverse range of beliefs, values and practices
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
As the ideal person for this role you will have the following skills and attributes:
- New Zealand registration as an Occupational Therapist with a current Annual Practicing Certificate
- At least 2+ years proven postgraduate clinical experience
- Experience working in a community setting advantageous
- Clean, full New Zealand drivers’ licence
- Excellent clinical reasoning skills and use of evidence informed practice
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of professional groups in a multidisciplinary bicultural environment
- Effective time management, prioritisation and organisation skills
- A flexible, pro-active approach with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
For more information about this role please contact John Davison (Community Rehabilitation Service Lead) JDavison@adhb.govt.nz
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
We are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
Te Toka Tumai Auckland is one of the leading healthcare providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary and quaternary clinical services to a large and diverse population. We have state of the art facilities and provide our services from three hospitals – Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children’s Health and Greenlane Clinical Centre.
The Community Allied Health Team is a large multidisciplinary service for adult clients who have physical health and disability needs and live in the Central Auckland region. Our Occupational Therapists work in multidisciplinary locality teams and are committed to the holistic delivery of health services within the ADHB community providing integrated care that is coordinated around the client and their needs.
- Working within a dynamic, supportive and multidisciplinary team
- Access to pool vehicle for home visits
- Meaningful support and orientation to your practice contexts with robust opportunities for critical reflection on practice, including peer review and professional supervision
- On the job training with continuous improvement and development opportunities including a well-established in-service training programme
- A great team environment and supportive work culture
For more information on what we offer, please click here
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022 that includes a simplified residency process for health workers on the new “Green List” of occupations – and this position is one of those designated critical positions! Of course for successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we will provide support with their Visa application. Here are the links to two key pages of NZ Immigration's official site for more information: Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa and Immigration NZ Green List Occupations
The remuneration for this position is covered by a collective agreement (PSA Allied, Public Health Scientific Technical MECA)
Salary Range: Step 1 $58,513 to Step 10 $89,701 (Depending on experience)
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Advertising closes: Friday, 10 February 2023 at Time 11:59 pm (New Zealand standard time).
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Elismha Lubbe - Recruitment Consultant at ElismhaL@adhb.govt.nz quoting ref #ADHB16889 to discuss how we can best support your application.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.