Gateway Coordinator - Child and Family Safety Service at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury, Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent part time 0.8FTE
- NZ Registered Nurse or Social Worker with current Annual Practising Certificate
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Our Child and Family Safety Service, Tiaki Whānau, is a multidisciplinary team providing a specialist service for tamariki (children) and rangatahi (young people).
Based at the Christchurch
Hospital campus our team is divided into a variety of workstreams including the
Violence Intervention Programme, Sexual Abuse Team, Gateway and Infant to Teen
assessments. Our Integrated Safety
Response team is currently based at Hillmorton Hospital.
This role is based in the Gateway
workstream for tamariki and rangatahi who have experienced trauma.
Ko wai koe | About You
You will be responsible for co-ordinating comprehensive health assessments on referred tamariki and rangatahi, gathering information from a number of external agencies to support the compilation a final report with recommendations and referrals to appropriate agencies.
This can be a challenging area to work within and your high degree of resilience and ability to communicate with a wide variety of people will be imperative.
You will require expert knowledge working within the area of Child Health, able to function autonomously and collaboratively, have excellent proven communication and interpersonal skills, and be computer literate.
Thorough knowledge of health systems and external agencies is an advantage.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
- Expert knowledge in Child Health
- Ability to facilitate Multi-Disciplinary Meetings
- Proven leadership skills
- Effective interpersonal skills and a clear communicator
- Ability to write reports
- A solution focused approach to your work and the ability to problem solve and think on your feet
- Have an awareness of and sensitivity to the cultural differences and expectations of health service consumers and different ethnic backgrounds
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Hold a relevant Post Graduate qualification or working towards same
- NZ Registered Nurse with current Annual Practising Certificate or NZ Registered Social Worker
Mō mātou | About Us
- Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do -
We are committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations. We believe in improving, promoting, and protecting the health and well-being of the Canterbury and the West Coast community.
The culture at Te Whatu Ora Waitaha Canterbury,
is driven by our ā Mātou Uara (Our
Value - - - - - - - s)
- Care and respect for others - Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do - Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes - Te Takohanga i ngā hua
Ngā hua | Benefits
When you work for Te Whatu Ora Waitaha, you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and business.
Here you are part of something greater than yourself and encouraged to be
your unique self.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted, therefore apply directly on our career site here.
Steph Keene, Recruitment Partner on email@example.com for
The role that you
are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been
vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application
that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. This vaccination requirement
includes gaining Booster Doses required to perform your role under the Health
Order. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will
come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be
vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19.
The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to
protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of
you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.