Claims Assessment Administrator at Accident Compensation Corporation, Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Build your career in Healthcare or Insurance in a supportive environment
- Permanent roles in Hamilton
- Potential flexible working options
Our purpose at ACC is to improve lives every day. It's to put our customers first, showing them manaakitanga and supporting their wellbeing. It's to enable everyone in Aotearoa the freedom to live their lives knowing that if they need us, we'll be there.
As a Cover Assessor you are responsible for assessing claims to make cover decisions in accordance with relevant legislation and medical information. You will be gathering information from a wide variety of sources contacting employers, providers, medical specialists, and clients to be able to make sound decisions on cover. If you are someone who loves interpreting information and problem solving, then this is the perfect role for you as we can offer you a supportive environment to grow your career and give you the tools to really kick start your journey at ACC.
To view the more about the position, please click here.
What's in it for you?
We can offer you a starting salary of $58,166, a 9% superannuation contribution, annual performance reviews linked to pay increases, and discounts on Southern Cross health insurance, gym membership, retail discounts and staff banking packages. We can also offer you:
- Career development
- Regular career and development conversations with your leader
- On-the-job skill development and coaching
- Opportunities to grow into other internal roles
- Flexible working options (once established in role)
- Work from home up to 3 days per week
- Potential of 9-day fortnights
We know that a diverse and inclusive team helps us meet the needs of our customers, and we welcome candidates from every ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, age, and those with a disability or who have additional mental health needs. It is important to us that people are free to be themselves at work. To encourage this, we also have internal employee networks to support our colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
What we are looking for from you to be successful in this role:
- Proven planning and organisational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines and manage a high volume of work
- Previous experience reviewing information and making complex decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - you will be confident communicating complex decision outcomes to our clients in a simple meaningful way
- Initiative, adaptability, curiosity, and sound judgement will put you in good stead for this role
- Ability to operate effectively in a digital environment with a wide range of technology systems and tools
This role has a set start date of 3 April 2023. Please take into consideration your notice period (if required) at your current role and ensure you can join us on a full time basis from 3 April 2023 before applying.
Applications will close Sunday 5 February and will only be accepted when submitted through our Career Website. If you encounter accessibility issues when submitting your application, or if you have any questions about the role please email Annie at Annie.Thomson@acc.co.nz
Join us and play a meaningful role in supporting our client's as they work towards their recovery.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Accident Compensation Corporation|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.