Senior Policy Analyst at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Senior Policy Analysts - Full Time, Permanent Opportunities - Oranga Tamariki
- Do you want to contribute to an exciting and challenging policy work programme with the chance to make a difference to the lives of tamariki and their whānau?
- Competitive salary up to $125,552
- Join a positive, supportive, and impressive Policy Group
About us | Mō mātou
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
The Policy Group is building its capability to be able to deliver an ambitious work programme. We are happy to have two positions available for Senior Policy Analysts. We would also consider Analysts looking to make the step up to Senior.
The policy work of Oranga Tamariki is moving in an exciting direction. We work closely for and with a range of stakeholders including iwi, Maori and social services and front-line staff.
Oranga Tamariki is also part of the Justice sector with joint responsibility for youth justice policy (with Ministry of Justice) and service delivery.
The work the policy group does has a real impact on New Zealanders, delivering practical policy advice that supports children and their whānau in New Zealand whose wellbeing is at significant risk of harm now or in the future.
About the role | Mō te tūnga
It is exciting and challenging policy work with the chance to make a difference in the lives of tamariki and their whānau.
Successful candidates will perform specific duties that could include working on one or more of the following tasks:
- Providing high quality policy advice and analysis - that is informed by a child and whānau focus and commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi
- Undertaking complex policy and legislative work to provide clear and effective regulation of residential care and remand settings
- Supporting achievement of the Oranga Tamariki Action Plan through leading cross-agency engagement and advice relevant to children of interest to Oranga Tamariki
What's in it for you | Nōu te rourou
Annual remuneration for these positions is between $100,441 - 125,552, dependent on experience. We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow.
This is an opportunity for your talent and expertise to make a real difference for tamariki and rangatahi in Aotearoa.
Our generous benefits include: https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address.
If you have any questions about these roles, please contact email@example.com
Applications close Friday 10 February 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.