Night Care Worker at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Permanent, Full Time (Night Shifts), Hamilton
Are you passionate about working with youth and contributing to a safe community?
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Night Care Workers provide rangatahi who have offended with the confidence and skills to become positive contributors to their whānau and communities.
Guiding a behavioural change is a massive task and means our Night Care Workers have many responsibilities, including:
- Provide safety, care and supervision overnight for our young people in our home
- Escalate any risks as and when they arise
- Interact with our young people before they head to bed for the night
- Ensure routines are met and processes followed
- Monitor the grounds and keep security in order
- Assist as and where you can with the rangatahi's behavioural issues
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
We value our kaimahi and the wide range of skills and experiences they have. We want to hear from you if you have:
- The ability to build positive relationships with a wide range of people whether it be through your experience in customer service, coaching, engaging in your community or experience working with rangatahi in positive and proactive ways
- Studied psychology, social sciences, social work, sports, arts or teaching and you want to bring those learnings to life in meaningful way by applying your skills to rangatahi in need of your help every day. Life learnings are equally important and we value the life experience of our staff bring to this practical and challenging role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work with others and contribute to a supportive and inclusive team.
- Knowledge of Tikanga and Te Reo which is an advantage - Oranga Tamariki is committed to developing our kaimahi to develop this important capability.
- Willingness and ability to work across a roster that covers night shifts, and work over weekends and public holidays
- An appropriate level of physical fitness that will allow you to safely support and interact with rangatahi
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
- A salary starting above $60k per annum including allowances
- Rotating three week roster
- A supportive team who are using the best leading edge community based programme and getting results
- A supportive and mentoring team
- Access to a generous Southern Cross health plan and banking package with Westpac
- Rewarding and challenging work that truly makes a difference to the community
- Opportunities to work alongside various cultural groups, build your network and strengthen community relationships
To see all the benefits of working for Oranga Tamariki, please visit https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Applications close: Tuesday 14 February 2023
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
All applications must be made online via the 'apply now' button, a copy of your CV and cover letter is required, all applications are subject to police vetting.
For enquiries or assistance please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee, please register or log in using your Oranga Tamariki e-mail address.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.