Registered and Enrolled Nurses - Whaikaha at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury, Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Work within supportive and innovative multi-disciplinary team and newly built environment
- Have access to unique professional development and education opportunities
- Further grow and develop your nursing skills and expertise within Intellectual Disability and Forensic nursing
- Full-time and part-time Registered Nursing roles available
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Te Whatu Ora - Waitaha Canterbury Forensic Intellectual Disability (ID) Team is on a journey of innovation and evolution in delivering the best possible care to our tāngata whaiora. Here, we are focusing on long-term rehabilitation and acute care interventions of our tāngata whaiora by discovering and building on their personal strengths and providing a supported transition back to their community.
Delivering a high standard of care is important to the Whaikaha team. The addition of our new contemporary high care area allows us to offer safe, individualised care and strengthens our ability to implement our model of care.
As a result, we are now looking for Registered and Enrolled Nurses with passion and interest in Intellectual Disability and Forensic nursing who can bring fresh ideas to our team and help us to deliver on this vision. We have permanent full-time (0.94FTE) and part-time roles available.
Pehea | About You
- You will join a supportive an experienced team that strives to make a real difference in people - s lives.
- You will work in a fulfilling and yet dynamic environment with tangata whaiora - consumers who have very complex challenges to face.
- You will also get an opportunity to build long-term relationships with our tāngata whaiora and deliver a full and holistic range of nursing care.
- Using analysis from data collection you will gain insight into the function of behaviour for our tāngata whaiora and how this informs our clinical interventions.
- Finally, you will have access and support with your on-going professional development including post-graduate studies and more unique Intellectual Disability training like Positive Behaviour Support, enabled by our comprehensive staff orientation package, clinical supervisors, nursing leadership and close partnership with the University of Otago.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
- Be an enthusiastic Registered Nurse bringing a range of knowledge and skills in mental health or intellectual disability nursing.
- Have a current Annual Practicing Certificate (APC) scoped for mental or intellectual disability nursing
- A drive to develop your professional practise
- Be compassionate and caring and have a strong sense of curiosity about those you care for.
- Have exceptional interpersonal communication skills and positive demeanour
- Critical thinking, planning and adaptability to a constantly changing environment
- Ability to work within the multi-disciplinary team, providing a clinical nursing perspective and managing task allocation and direction and delegation effectively.
Mō mātou | About Us
Specialist Mental Health Services are an interdisciplinary team that forms part of Te Whatu Ora - Waitaha Canterbury. We are committed to working and partnering with tāngata whaiora and their whānau. Constantly striving to work within our philosophy; we develop therapeutic, supportive and empowering relationships with our consumers, enabling them to achieve their personal goals and aspirations.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Please submit your most recent resume along with a cover letter stating why you believe that you are the ideal candidate for the role highlighting any skills you have gained along the way.
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
Contact us on email@example.com for additional information
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19.This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Doses required to perform you role under the Health Order.As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.