Senior Business Analyst at New Zealand Transport Agency, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Be part of business change projects & make a positive impact for Kiwis
- Autonomy & responsibility with a supportive and collaborative team
- Flexible location & working arrangements available
- Multiple opportunities available
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
You will have the autonomy to make decisions and set approaches, while also have the support of our community of Business Analysts. There is also opportunities for mentoring/coaching for yourself and mentoring to our junior members. We have a great community of learning here.
In addition you will:
- Provide fit-for-purpose Business Analysis services to projects and initiatives, tailoring what you deliver and how you deliver it to business needs, by using a variety of tools, techniques, processes and methodologies.
- Ensure relevant stakeholders are identified and consulted about their needs and concerns, by conducting interviews and workshops. This includes identifying issues and understanding challenges.
- Select and use appropriate Business Analysis tools and techniques to elicit, validate and prioritise requirements. Designing solutions while using human centred approaches.
- Identify and evaluate solution options that are cost effective, customer-centred and will deliver the expected outcomes and benefits, leveraging Transport Agency and sector technology and platforms.
- Write high calibre business cases, adopting the NZ Treasury's Better Business Cases approach where appropriate.
- Help develop and maintain a reputable BA practice within the Transport Agency, coaching BA colleagues in the skills required to become Senior BAs and actively supporting a community of practice.
To view the position description click here.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
We're looking for someone who will bring:
- A human centred, people first, approach to all interactions and approaches
- An attitude and approach based on experience that supports finding alternative approaches to deliver in an environment of changing demands of Waka Kotahi
- Significant and proven experience in Business Analysis with a strong understanding of and experience with a wide variety of analytical techniques and tools across multiple domains
- Well-developed analytical skills and the ability to evaluate and resolve complex issues
- The ability to translate complex ideas into audience appropriate language, including via the use of diagrams, models and prototypes
- Knowledge of and experience with agile delivery methods, preferably Scrum
- A fun, collaborative, supportive attitude
You will demonstrate knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an understanding of Te Ao Māori and promote tikanga and Te Reo Māori. You will also have knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an appreciation of te Tiriti o Waitangi (the Treaty of Waitangi) as it applies in the public sector.
Ko wai mātou | About us
Enterprise Change sits within the Corporate Support Group which underpins everything the Agency does. They are an enabler, an advisor and the people who keep the Agency safe. Corporate Support includes Finance, Legal, Risk and Assurance, Research and Analytics, Procurement, and Enterprise Change. For the Agency to be successful, Corporate Support needs to deliver quality services efficiently.
Along with our other benefits we also have new Waka Kotahi Life, Income Protection and Critical Illness Insurance scheme available for permanent employees.
Keen to apply?
Please upload your CV and cover letter outlining your interest in the role, and how you could apply your skills, knowledge and experience to this role.
Rā Katinga | Applications close:
Tuesday 7th February 2023
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
If you are a contractor/temp currently working with Waka Kotahi, you may apply for internal vacancies however please note that we will give consideration to permanent employees first.
Don't see the Refer button? This role is only able to be applied for by internal candidates so you are unable to refer external candidates for this role.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||New Zealand Transport Agency|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.