Advisor at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Multiple Locations
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Advisor - Te Hāpai Ō, Cultural Programmes Group
- Permanent, full time opportunity
- Exciting opportunity to grow cultural capability within Oranga Tamariki
- Utilise your advisory and coordination skills
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team focused on building Māori cultural capability at Oranga Tamariki. We are at the evolutionary stages of planning and development while also delivery of some initiatives. If you have a personal passion and commitment to grow cultural capability then this is the ideal time to join or team to influence and drive change.
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
We are committed to ensuring that New Zealand is the best place in the world to be a child. We are also committed to ensuring Oranga Tamariki partners with hapū, iwi and Māori organisations to find appropriate solutions for tamariki in need.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
The Te Hāpai Ō, Cultural Programmes Group is focused on leading the design and development and supporting the implementation of Te Hāpai Ō, Oranga Tamariki cultural capability approach to lift the confidence of our people and create a culturally principled organisational environment.
We are currently recruiting to support the establishment Te Hāpai Ō. We intend to have a diverse range of skills and experience to complement the collective strength of our team. Although you will be part of a Wellington located team, it is not required that you be based in Wellington. Therefore, you will need to be able to work collaboratively, be agile and flexible and importantly be self-managing with a high level of initiative to actively participate in the team.
The Advisor will be responsible for providing advice, co-ordination, and support to the team to deliver projects across the Te Hāpai Ō work programme.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
Key requirements of the role include:
- Relevant experience in an advisor or analytics role in the public or private sector is highly desirable
- Proven project coordination skills, particularly in multi-faceted, complex, and multi-stakeholder projects
- Experience in providing information and analysis to support provision of initiatives
- Ability to understand complex information and communicate simple messages and ideas to a variety of audiences
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in presenting to a variety of audiences
- Proven ability to analyse trends across multiple data information and provide clear advice on action required
- Experience in co-ordinating and supporting projects
- A relevant tertiary qualification is desirable
- Willingness to travel within New Zealand to fulfil the requirements of the role
- Sound analytics modelling and capability including intermediate level of computer literacy, such as SAS and Excel
- Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural issues and concerns, in particular, knowledge of tikanga Māori, and Pacific peoples' culture.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
Oranga Tamariki offer an impartial remuneration package, that offers progression annually for experience through tenure. Annual remuneration for this position starts between $73,191.60 and $81,324.00 dependant on experience. We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
To see all the benefits of working for Oranga Tamariki, please visit https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address.
If you have any questions about role, please contact Info_recruit@ot.govt.nz
Application close date: Tuesday 7th February 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Social, welfare & community|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Advisor - Position Description - December 2022.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.