Business Analyst at NZ Police, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
New Zealand Police is working with the community to make New Zealanders be safe and feel safe. With over 13,000 staff, we provide policing services 24 hours a day, every day. We operate by land, sea and air, manage over 860,000 emergency calls a year and are always actively preventing crime and crashes.
We’re working towards specific goals and targets that highlight our intent to work collaboratively with iwi and communities, other government sectors and business partners to deliver ‘Our Business’ and achieve long-term change.
Business Analyst, it starts with you!
- Based at the Royal NZ Police College, Porirua
- Band I
- Salary from $94,854
- Police Employee
- Permanent, Full Time
- Multiple positions available
- Nationally Advertised Vacancy
About the role
The New Zealand Police Information and Communication Technology Service Centre is seeking to appoint a Business Analyst within the ICT team based at the Royal New Zealand Police College, Porirua.
The purpose of this role is to contribute to the business requirements and high-level solution design, enabling the delivery of world class, cost effective and operationally efficient applications that support Police and their community partners.
The role will interact with subject matter experts from Police operational groups, creating business requirements definition, and creating/maintaining system specifications as part of the development team to deliver the solution. The role involves both agile and waterfall application methodologies, across a wide range of business areas and ICT solutions.
- Present complex or technical issues (written or verbal) clearly to a range of audiences.
- Adapt your style or approach to individual and situations.
- Facilitate workshop and group discussions with a range of audiences including senior executive stakeholders.
- Execute analysis tasks related to the development and implementation of ICT solutions.
- Manage competing project demands.
- Maintain quality of work under strict timeframes.
- Contribute to the identification and management of risks and issues.
- Develop and maintain application specific documentation.
- Work independently and as a member of a project team
What you’ll bring
Being part of the Police whānau is about being our best to ensure our communities are safe and feel safe. Our Core Competencies provide a shared understanding of the behaviours, leadership and technical competence required for success at each level of Police. Whilst we are looking for skills, knowledge and experience relevant to the role, we also place high importance on your state of mind, the alignment of your values with ours, your ability to contribute to and build high performing teams, and the way that you lead yourself or others.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Proficiency in requirements definition and requirements management throughout the project lifecycle.
- Proficiency in system analysis techniques, supporting system design and adhering to recognised methodologies & practices.
- Experience in identifying and estimating the work break down tasks and deliverables that fall into the BA practice area for a project.
- Experience in creation and maintenance of application and system documentation. These may include UML use cases, agile user stories, application specifications and support documentation.
- Experience in developing and using analysis techniques e.g. logical data model, business process modelling, story maps.
- Sound business analysis experience including a minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role.
- You will hold either a tertiary qualification or equivalent experience.
- To apply for this role you must be a NZ citizen or permanent resident.
If you are an internal applicant, you must apply internally through the police system. You must provide an alternative contact email address.
This role is set at Individual Contributor level, this means your key purpose is “to deliver or enable others to deliver Our Business”.
We will ask you questions based on “How we will deliver Our Business – Core Competencies” and the appropriate role level, i.e. Individual Contributor. For more information on Our Core Competencies, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/publications/core-competencies-how-we-will-deliver-our-business.pdf.
These questions will be unique and specific to the role, focusing on the aspects the hiring manager believes are most important for that position at the time. For more information on Our Values, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/publications/nzp-our-values.pdf
To view the position description for this role please copy and paste this link into a new browser:
Our mission is to prevent crime and harm through exceptional policing. Our vision is to be the safest country. Our purpose is to ensure everybody can be safe and feel safe.
Your wellbeing inside and outside of work is important to us. We’re open to discussing flexible working options that work for both you and the business.
For more information on the above, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/careers
How to apply
Please note: Applications submitted directly through the Government Jobs Website are no longer considered. Please visit our Police Careers page: https://career10.successfactors.com/career?company=nzpolice to apply for this position.
If this position sounds like you, click apply now. You will be required to submit an application form and a CV. Before confirmation of hire, pre-employment checks will be undertaken.
For further information on the application process, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/careers
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com
Applications close Tuesday 7th February 2023.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.