Senior Advisor Te Puku Ikaroa at Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities , Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Do you have the ability to engage & effectively communicate with people?
- Are you an excellent writer with experience in central government?
- Enjoy a flexible working environment & opportunities for career development
- Full time permanent role at $123,648 + 5 weeks' annual leave and free insurances
- Flexible location from Waikato down to Te Whanganui-ā-Tara Wellington
Mō mātou - Our Organisation
At Kāinga Ora, ours is the important responsibility of transforming New Zealand's housing choices, outcomes and the entire housing sector by creating homes and communities that allow New Zealanders to thrive.
What is exciting about working for Kāinga Ora is getting the chance to make a real and positive impact on New Zealanders' lives. With skills, planning and purposeful action, our people are creating the homes and neighbourhoods that will build the future of Aotearoa.
We are passionate about transforming New Zealand for the better. That includes being a trusted partner for Māori and iwi, protecting and enabling their rights, interests and aspirations under the guidance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Ko tā mātou mahi - Our Role
The Senior Advisor provides day-to-day support and advice to the Te Kurutao Regional Manager and the broader Te Kurutao team on research, policy, information requests, issues management and projects. They also engage with national teams across Kāinga Ora to ensure that the Regional Manager is kept well informed of matters that relate to the work programme of the region.
This position sits in Te Kurutao, whose role it is to ensure Kāinga Ora can fulfil its legislative obligations to protect and enable Māori interests and aspirations in relation to housing and urban development.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu - What you will bring
- You'll have at least a basic competency in Te Reo me ōna tikanga Māori, and be confident operating in a wide range of Māori environments
- You will have an inherent understanding of the implications of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and Crown-Māori relations, with an awareness of the legislative responsibilities of Kāinga Ora to Māori
- You'll have a background of working with Māori organisations, and an enthusiasm for empowering and enhancing Māori capacity and capability to deliver on identified projects
- You'll be adept at identifying, collating, organising and analysing data to provide information and enable informed decision-making.
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you?
We offer competitive salaries, five weeks' annual leave and a benefits package including a range of insurances, flexible working arrangements and career development. These benefits are described in more detail here https://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz/a-great-place-to-work/benefits.
As a Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities employee, we want to make sure that you have all the tools and support you need. We want to ensure you are healthy and have work-life balance. We also want to support and grow your personal and career development through on-the-job learning, training courses, secondments and study opportunities.
Ō Tātou Uara - Our Values
Our values were developed by us, for us. They unite us as an organisation and guide how we work every day. Our values are:
- Manaakitanga - People at the Heart
- Mahi Tahi - Better Together
- Whanake - Be Bold
Tūhono mai - Join us
To view the position description and apply for this role, please follow the online process via http://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz. Please note: all applicants, including existing employees, need to follow this process. If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via Kaingaora.email@example.com
Applications close on 5th February 2023.
We value diversity and are committed to working with each other and our customers in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference brings to the organisation.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||TKT Senior Advisor Te Puku Ikaroa PD.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.