Therapy Assistant at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitematā, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Allied Health Assistant – Part time 0.5FTE (20 hours / week)
Allied Health Inpatient North
Specialist Medicine & Health of Older People
Are you an enthusiastic people’s person? Do you wish to join a dynamic multi-disciplinary team that provides physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech language therapy and social work advocacy to people at North Shore Hospital?
We have a highly sought after opportunity for an allied health assistant to join our acute inpatient team on a part time, permanent basis. In this varied role you would work across our inpatient medical wards, carrying out a range of tasks and activities to support patients care, recovery and rehabilitation. You need to be comfortable working with patients who require isolation as part of their care, e.g. patients who are covid positive.
Key tasks of this role:
• Successful applicant will work under the supervision of Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and Speech Language Therapists.
• Assisting patients with prescribed therapy programmes
• Assisting clinicians in therapy sessions
• Demonstrating how to use adaptive equipment to maximise independence and safety
Key requirements for this role:
• Our preferred candidate will ideally have recent experience working with older adults and be familiar with working in a hospital setting.
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills, particularly with older people & team members
• An adaptable and mature approach
• Commitment to on-going learning
• Good organisational and self-management skills
• Self-motivation, enthusiasm and initiative
• Salary scale: $51 820 – 61 602
Please direct specific queries about the role to Nelmari Swanepoel, Acting Team Manager Acute Inpatients North at email@example.com
To view the position description, please click here
For general queries or assistance with your online application, please contact Bairavi Thavarasa at Bairavi.Thavarasa@waitematadhb.govt.nz
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitematā|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.