Advisor Community Engagement at Electoral Commission, Northland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
About the role | Mō tēnei tūranga mahi
This role will be required to build and maintain authentic relationships and implement effective activities of engagement with prioritised communities, as well as ensure that efforts consider both the Electoral Commission's TAUMATA Values Framework and our strategic priorities and objectives. This role will be key in maintaining and developing community partnerships with communities and organisations.
About you | Mōhou ake
Are you someone who has experience in activating community participation across regions by providing specialist community engagement expertise to build and support relationships and partnerships that will enable and empower more communities to participate in New Zealand's democratic processes? If so, you may be interested in this full time, permanent role.
What you'll be doing | He aha tāu e mahi ana
- Develop and foster relationships through internal and external engagement
- Effectively and efficiently respond to public and media enquiries
- Support the delivery of electoral events
- Engage with local community champions
- Practice a continuous improvement approach
- Contribute to the effectiveness and achievement of team goals
This role will be key in maintaining community partnerships with communities and organisations.
What you'll need to succeed | Ko ngā mea ka hiahiatia e koe kia angitū
- Experience in developing and delivering community engagement initiatives across communities and regions
- Demonstrated connections with one or more of the Commission's priority communities
- Ability to build knowledge of community and required networks
- Experience in the delivery of operational policies and procedures based on legislation
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
- Professional and results-oriented approach with good business and customer focus
- Strong connections within specific communities.
About the Electoral Commission | Te Kaitiaki Take Kōwhiri
The Electoral Commission wants every New Zealander to trust, value and take part in parliamentary elections.
Here's your chance to contribute to New Zealand's democracy as part of a small team of electoral experts who design, build and implement processes and systems for Parliamentary elections and referenda. It's an exciting and varied role within a team which is committed, supportive and hands-on.
Why join the Electoral Commission?
The Commission is building an inclusive strength focused culture where diversity is encouraged and valued and we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations and identities. We want to provide a flexible working environment where everyone feels valued and supported. We are happy to discuss what works for you. You will join a team who are here for the right reasons, and we are passionate about what we do.
What's next? | He aha e whai ake nei
To apply, please click "Apply now!".
You must be legally allowed to work in New Zealand.
If you have any questions regarding the role please contact email@example.com.
We will be reviewing applications as they are received and may progress with suitable applicants prior to the application closing date.
All new employees are encouraged to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. You may disclose your vaccination status to your manager on a voluntary basis.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Advisor Community Engagement JD updated.docx|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.