Team Leader, Planning at Te Rākau Whakamarumaru | National Emergency Management Agency, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Are you interested in leading a team that are developing New Zealand's earthquake, tsunami and volcanic response plans for the catastrophic-level events that could impact on New Zealand communities?
- Want to be part of a talented, dynamic team, working at the system level of planning for emergencies?
- Are you a talented and inspiring leader, that can bring your team with you, as you navigate the complexities of the emergency management system?
Ko wai mātou | About us
The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) provides national leadership to New Zealand's distributed emergency management system. NEMA's primary focus is on the performance and capability of the emergency management system as a whole, across all hazards and all risks and the 4 Rs of risk reduction, readiness, response and recovery.
NEMA values diversity and inclusion. We want our workforce to reflect the diversity of our communities. We value and respect the contributions of our people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, skills and perspectives. We support flexible ways of working that bring out the best in you.
We are committed to doing our part to deliver on the Crown's commitments to Māori under Te Tiriti o Waitangi. We strive to actively build te Ao Māori perspectives and capability into our day to day work, values and practices.
N.B. As part of working within NEMA, there may be a requirement to respond to emergency activations in the event of a national emergency response. This may involve responding to events outside of normal working hours if an emergency response of national significance occurs.
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
In this role you will be responsible for leading the NEMA Planning team, including the development of our strategic national emergency management planning framework as well as our catastrophic planning programme, including supporting regional planning to ensure national consistency and capability and capacity building across the emergency management sector.
The position sits with the Planning & Sector Partnerships Unit that is responsible for developing and maintaining New Zealand's national emergency management planning framework and partnering with social and infrastructure sectors to build resilience across the 4 Rs of risk reduction, readiness, response and recovery in support of communities.
Ko wai koe | About you
We select on capability and welcome a wide range of applications where the candidate can demonstrate experience in the following:
- Proven experience in emergency management (particularly planning), or a related field, at a leadership level
- Demonstrated experience in leading effective and efficient teams in complex and high-pressure environments
- Ability to lead projects, or programmes, to delivered good quality and expected outcomes
- Core experience in leading and chairing internal and external (including cross-agency) stakeholder management.
- Experience in persuading, influencing, building, and maintaining effective collaborative relationships
- Ability to identify, manage and minimise risk
- Experience in working in an operational environment and operational decision-making.
Huanga Whaiaro | Key requirements
- Ability to build and develop teams in complex environments
- Ability to think strategically with strong initiative and problem-solving abilities
- Flexibility of approach/thinking, able to adapt in constantly changing environments
- High level of judgement with the ability to make effective decision in complex situations and under pressure
- Anticipates complex problems and watches for tell-tale indicators that warrant intervention
- Confident, reliable, resilient demeanour
- Has high standards of professionalism, integrity and accountability
Ta matou e tuku | What we offer
We pride ourselves on the quality of our staff and understand the importance of fostering a working environment where excellence is recognised and where staff are encouraged to develop their own talents and potential. We welcome diversity, in all its forms and we believe it is a strength.
All NEMA roles are flexible by default and a positive work life balance is encouraged.
The salary band for this position is $134,000 - $157,000 including Kiwisaver employer contributions.
Whakaritenga Haumaru | Security Requirements
Due to the security requirements of this role, applicants must be a New Zealand citizen or New Zealand Permanent Resident.
Me pehea te tono | How to apply
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply online. Applications close at 5pm, Monday 6th February 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Rākau Whakamarumaru | National Emergency Management Agency|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||NEMA - JD - Team Leader Planning_Jan 2023.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.