Principal Advisor, Business Case Specialist at New Zealand Transport Agency, Canterbury
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Flexible working for work life balance
- Support business case proposals and connect strategy and outcomes
- Multiple locations across NZ
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
The focus of the Transport Services group is to provide, improve and maintain an integrated land transport system to effectively enable people-centred, technology, system focused transport services, in partnership with other system providers.
As Principal Advisor - Business Case Specialist you will work across the transport sector to shape the development of business case proposals to ensure activities are aligned to the Waka Kotahi strategic direction and to optimise their potential for investment from the National Land Transport Fund. You will collaborate with our internal stakeholders at an early stage and promote the Business Case Approach to support planning and investing for tangible outcomes. Operating at this level, you will enjoy collaborating with the team and a level of independent work.
You will work on some of our more complex projects partnering with our people, your experience as a Better Business Case practitioner will ensure that through coaching, sharing knowledge and providing advice you will be the 'expert' and help to elevate our business use case capability across the organisation, having a direct impact on transport investment in New Zealand and the unique opportunity to influence the development of great journeys for all New Zealanders.
You will collaborate across Transport Services and the wider agency to provide guidance to help steer projects, review outputs and provide feedback. A critical aspect of this role is the ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations to decision makers. This is a great opportunity to grow and develop as you will be exposed to best practice across a wide variety of projects throughout the Agency.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
To thrive in this unique environment, you will have a logical, solutions focussed approach and enjoy building relationships and having multiple activities on the go. You will be methodical and analytical in your work with strong judgement and decision-making skills.
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Significant relevant experience working in a business case environment and have an understanding of government's investment drivers and priorities
- Experience working with Better Business Cases' is an advantage
- In-depth knowledge and experience using the principles and best practice applied in business cases, ideally within the transport sector
- Experience coaching and building capability to strengthen the business case approach within a complex organisation
- Strong collaboration and relationship management skills
- An ability to see the big picture and connect the dots. You will be able to bring teams together to help design activities that deliver on multiple objectives
- Comprehensive track record in advising decision makers in the delivery of complex strategic outcomes
- Good understanding of the transport system and land use integration
- Demonstrated commitment to learning and a continuous improvement approach
To view the position description, please click here
Included in our benefits we also offer 5 weeks annual leave, an extra 'My Day' to take whenever you like, and a new Waka Kotahi Life, Income Protection and Critical Illness Insurance scheme available for permanent employees.
Ko wai mātou | About us
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa.
The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
Rā Katinga | Applications close:
6 February 2023
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
If you are a contractor/temp currently working with Waka Kotahi, you may apply for internal vacancies however please note that we will give consideration to permanent employees first.
Don't see the Refer button? This role is only able to be applied for by internal candidates so you are unable to refer external candidates for this role.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||New Zealand Transport Agency|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Transport & Logistics|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.