Financial Accountant / Accounts Assistant at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Financial Accountant / Accounts Assistant
- Great opportunity for someone experienced within finance looking for the next step in your career?
- Work in a supportive team environment that's committed to your growth and professional development
- Wellington location
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
Our purpose is to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities where oranga tamariki can be realised. We believe that by getting involved early in their lives and showing love and care, we give children the best chance of growing into happy thriving New Zealanders.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
This is an exciting role to become a part of the Financial Control function as they implement a new financial information management system and grow your capability.
- Month end reporting requirements including the rollover of the general ledger and sub-ledgers (accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed asset etc.)
- Preparation of month end journals in conjunction with Finance Business Partnering
- Prepare Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Assist with capitalising assets in the fixed asset system
- Preparation and submission into CFISnet of various forecast tracks, 4-year budget plans (OBU, MBU, BEFU, HYEFU), and budget and estimates accountability documents, in conjunction with Strategic Finance
- Monitor bank balances and cashflow daily, provide reports to the Reserve Bank, and undertake bank reconciliations
- Monitoring the centralised mailbox, preparing draft responses to Official Information Act requests, written parliamentary questions, Select Committee and other ad-hoc queries
- Tax and compliance requirements
- Prepare and send out reports as required
- Build and maintain highly credible and valued professional relationships
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
- A flexible and collaborative approach to your work
- Demonstrate initiative in addressing issues and identifying opportunities for improvement
- The ability to work both independently as well as effectively work as part of a team
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Previous financial accounting and reconciliation experience
- Experience and working knowledge of computerised financial information systems with multiple separate subsystems
- Familiarity and understanding of the financial reporting policies and procedures. Preferably working towards a professional accounting qualification
- Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural practices in particular; knowledge of tikanga Māori, and Pacific peoples' culture
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
In return we provide a fascinating and rewarding career with flexible working opportunities and a committed team environment where we thrive to make a difference. We invest and believe in our people and offer diverse career opportunities to help them succeed.
We offer a competitive salary in line with Oranga Tamariki's framework, as well as generous benefits - https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and cover letter. If you are already an Oranga Tamariki employee, please ensure you register or login using your work email address.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Wednesday 8 February 2023
Oranga Tamariki is committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities and welcome applications from everyone who can meet the requirements of the role. We also support flexible working arrangements.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Accounting & finance|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Financial Accountant - Position Description August 2021 (1).docx|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.