Heritage Assessment Advisor, Wellington Ref 164 at Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Do you have a passion for Aotearoa New Zealand's history and historic heritage and want to make a difference in its recognition through your research and writing? Do you want to have meaningful engagement with iwi and hapū, local authorities, property owners and communities on a diverse range of historic places and heritage matters?
Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga is Aotearoa New Zealand's leading bicultural heritage agency. We provide recognition, protection, and support for heritage and heritage places throughout the country. We are after someone with the skills and enthusiam required to tell the stories of a diverse range of places through the New Zealand Heritage List/Rārangi Kōrero and the Crown Land Disposal process.
This role sits within the Central Region/Te Takiwā o Te Pūtahi a Māui, a team charged with championing heritage and making it relevant for current and future generations. You will be part of a team of heritage professionals that works across the southern half of the North Island and the top of the South Island. Your role will require occasional travel within the region.
We're looking for a team-player who is also a self-starter and confident interacting with a range of individuals, institutions, agencies and authorities. We need someone who appreciates the value of accuracy, processes and reporting, but who also enjoys innovative thinking and problem solving.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Have a post graduate tertiary qualification in a heritage research related field such as history, archaeology, museum and cultural heritage studies.
- Have first-rate research skills and are familiar with a wide range of sources for historical research.
- Are an excellent writer who can produce fit-for-purpose heritage assessments.
- Have the ability and confidence to foster relationships and negotiate outcomes with stakeholders and work well as part of a team.
In return you will gain:
- The opportunity to make a difference by working on projects affecting some of New Zealand's most significant heritage places.
- The chance to engage in active place-based story telling that connects people to places.
This is a rare opportunity to join a high-performing team in a stimulating environment. If you want to work in a friendly and collaborative atmosphere, we would like to hear from you!
Applications close 5pm Thursday 9 February 2023
For more information about the role and how to apply, please refer to our website:
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.