Senior Commercial Advisor at Ministry of Housing and Urban Development, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Use your experience in financial analysis to improve housing outcomes in Aotearoa
- Work in a supportive and diverse team of 24 members across two offices
- Wellington or Auckland based opportunity with flexible working
Contribute your critical and analytical expertise to complex and high priority issues facing Aotearoa.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
You will contribute to the effective delivery of public housing supply across Aotearoa. You will be responsible for:
- Working as part of a team evaluating the financial viability of new funding applications for public housing against value for money criteria. You will analyse and interpret financial data to gain insights and make recommendations to allow informed decision making
- Applying knowledge of the commercial environment and property and/or project finance to analyse the financing structures and cost of housing development projects
- Identifying commercial and financial risks related to housing projects and recommending actions to mitigate risks
- Involvement in ad-hoc projects from across the organisation where your financial skills may be required and informing policy settings as relevant
- Engaging and building relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
Mōu | About you
This is a unique opportunity for someone with a background in finance, banking, accounting, or property development, to join our Housing Supply team.
What you'll bring to the role:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field
- Understanding of property or project finance and experience of financial analysis in the property/housing or infrastructure sectors
- Strong commercial acumen in property/housing development including knowledge of key trends and understanding of different ownership/delivery structures (e.g., on-balance sheet, leases, shared equity/joint-ventures etc.)
- Working knowledge of Excel (at intermediate level, familiarity with cashflow/financial models an advantage)
- Ability to apply critical thinking, challenge the status quo and deal with ambiguity
- Organisational skills to manage multiple projects/deliverables at the same time
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to convey complex messages in a simple and succinct manner
- A proven track record of building and maintaining effective working relationships internally and with external stakeholders.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Please click on the APPLY button to be directed to the application page, from here you can upload your CV and cover letter. Please note, while applications close Wednesday, 15 February 2023, we will be reviewing applications as they are received and may progress with suitable applicants prior to the application closing date. Therefore, please apply as soon as possible if you are interested in this position.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process. You must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand to be eligible for this position.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Housing and Urban Development|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.