Product Owner at Accident Compensation Corporation, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent opportunity with 9% superannuation
- Join a passionate and supportive team
This is a great opportunity for someone to join the Digital team to be responsible for the management of the product backlog and delivery of our websites. A key component of this opportunity will be strong partnerships you can build, with key stakeholders including Customer Engagement, Digital Design, Product Management, Technology and Innovation, and of course our customers - the people of Aotearoa.
A day in the life of the Websites Product Owner is varied and fast paced. Each day will be different; a typical day might include prioritising the delivery team's work, reviewing designs and user stories to ensure they meet the needs of our users, reporting on progress of delivery and success of the product, showcases and presentations, answering questions and feedback from customers and front line, and giving updates to senior management. You'll be ACC's biggest advocate for our websites and will help others across the organisation understand the value they bring to our customers.
What we are looking for from you to be successful in the role:
- A great communicator - you'll be communicating across many levels of the organisation so will need to recognise and meet the needs of your audience.
- Able to think on your feet and trust your gut - you'll need to be able to trust your gut and make fast decisions when needed, and when to bring in other people with the required expertise to help you make the right call.
- Experience within an Agile environment and Product Ownership. Knowledge in Lean UX, Dev Ops and User Centred Design practices would be advantageous but not necessary.
- Experience delivering on Silverstripe would be useful, but not essential to be successful in this role.
- Strong leadership attributes - you'll be able to bring together a diverse group of individuals to form a highly functioning delivery team.
- Adaptable and able to pivot - if things don't quite go to plan, or if the plan changes you'll need to be flexible and able to redirect efforts as required.
- A strategic priority for ACC is to enable equitable access, outcomes and experience for Māori - it would be advantageous to have an understanding of Te Ao Maori and application of this in designing and delivering digital services.
- A positive high energy attitude - being a Product Owner can be a rewarding but high-pressure job at times, and we want someone who is able to get it done with a sense of good humour!
Every year ACC receives over 2 million claims for Kiwis injured through an accident, and our websites are a key part of ensuring that people can get the help they need, when they need it. They also ensure that providers and business customers are able to engage effectively with ACC services, and are a core part of promoting injury prevention initiatives to minimise the incidence and impact of injuries.
In the Digital team at ACC we're passionate about what we do, and we're a tight knit whānau who will be here to support you, the team, and the product every step of the way. There's still a huge amount of untapped potential when it comes to allowing our customers to self-serve through our websites, and we're excited to make the most of these opportunities.
Working at ACC:
We know that a diverse and inclusive team helps us meet the needs of our customers, and we welcome candidates from every ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, age, and those with a disability or who have additional mental health needs. It is important to us that people are free to be themselves at work. Here are some ways we encourage that:
- Employee networks to support our colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- The option to explore flexible working that suits your needs and ours
- Development opportunities in te reo Māori me ngā tikanga
To view the role descriptions please click here.
The salary for the role ranges from $114,022 - $134,144 + 9% superannuation, and appointment will be dependent on skills and experience.
Applications will run through to 5:00pm Thursday 9th February, 2023 but please note that if an ideal candidate is found during this time we will move forward with screening and interviewing sooner, so please apply as soon as possible. Applications can only be accepted when submitted through our ACC Career Website. If you encounter accessibility issues when submitting your application, or if you have any questions about the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Accident Compensation Corporation|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.