Commercial & Licensing Manager at Civil Aviation Authority of NZ, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Civil Aviation Authority and the Aviation Security Service offer distinctively different career opportunities and embrace diverse talent. All jobs at the Authority contribute to ensuring safe and secure skies to help New Zealand fly.
The Civil Aviation Authority is the regulatory arm of our organisation and the Aviation Security Service is the nationwide provider for aviation security.
Commercial and Licensing Manager
Tēnei tūranga │ About the role
We're looking for a full time, permanent Commercial and Licensing Manager to join our Digital whānau at Te Mana Rererangi Tūmatanui o Aotearoa I Civil Aviation Authority of New Zealand (CAA).
The Commercial and Licensing Manager will be responsible for leading and owning all Digital commercial activities, namely software licensing, procurement, and supplier management.
Ko tāu e whakarato ai │ What you’ll deliver
Here are the broader responsibilities you will deliver:
- Manage procurement processes and strategy for the Digital/Information and Communications Technology (ICT) category
- Software asset management, advice, and support
- Manage Digital suppliers in regards to:
- Relationship management
- Contract management
- Performance management
- Risk/issue management
- Reporting on the performance of Digital commercial and licensing arrangements
Ko tāu e kawe mai ai | What you will bring
You will bring:
- A natural collaboration style and excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- A curious approach towards the use, and understanding, of Digital technology.
- An extensive understanding of software licensing / software asset management models and structures
- Digital/ICT commercial procurement and commercial experience, ideally within the public sector context
- Digital design and delivery experience, including the end-to-end sourcing from tender right through to implementation and support of new products or tools
- A thorough understanding of the legal frameworks and contract law needed to deliver robust contracts
Mō mātou | About us
As Aotearoa I New Zealand’s aviation safety and security regulator, CAA exists to enable safe flight for social connections, and economic benefit for Aotearoa | New Zealand. We believe in keeping people safe and secure in the air, enabling participation in the aviation system, and making a difference to Aotearoa | New Zealand aviation. We achieve this through regulatory oversight of the aviation industry and frontline security at our airports.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Apply directly by completing the online application form and submit your CV and Cover Letter.
Note: your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to this ad.
The location for this role is Wellington. As a flexible friendly employer, we are happy to discuss solutions that may work for you and us. We value and care about enabling our people to work in a way that means they can work at their best.
We embrace diversity and inclusion and are committed to equal opportunities. What's important to us is ‘he rau kotahi tangata' – embracing our multiple talents – by harnessing our diversity and being inclusive. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. We recognise the diversity and uniqueness of our workforce and reaffirm our commitment to create a safe and inclusive environment for everyone.
Studies have shown that women and people from under-represented backgrounds are less likely to apply for roles where they don't match the job description criteria exactly. If you are excited about this role, but your experience doesn't align 100%, we’d encourage you to apply.
We want to ensure accessibility needs are well supported, so the recruitment process is fair and equitable for all. Therefore, please let us know if there is any support, we can provide to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible to you.
You can contact us at Edward.Selby@caa.govt.nz if you would like to discuss any accessibility needs you may have. For further information about this role please see the position description.
Rā Katinga | Applications close: Wednesday 15 Feb 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Civil Aviation Authority of NZ|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.