Cardiac Sonographer / Kaimātai Whakaahua Oro Manawa at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley, Wellington Hospital
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Nau mai, haere mai ki Te Whatu Ora - Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District
Location: Wellington Regional Hospital
Contract: Permanent 0.8FTE
Salary: Salary: $96, 598- $110,107 pro rata
Start Date: August 2023
About the role
The role of a cardiac sonographer is primarily to perform echocardiograms though may be required to perform other competencies within the cardiac physiology scope of practice. Inherent in the practice of this role is being patient focused and maintaining professional standards. The role holder will be based at Wellington Regional Hospital though may be required to work at other Te Whatu Ora Capital Coast and Hutt Valley sites.
- Perform all Echo and related tests to a high standard ensuring the needs of the patients accessing the Cardiology Services are met. Ideally includes, Paediatrics, Stress Echo, TOE, and Adult.
- Achievement and maintenance of an in-depth knowledge and understanding of all technical and support tasks, participating in training as required.
- Contribute positively to the day-to-day workings of the team including leave and roster cover
- Support local and regional trainee Clinical Cardiac Physiologists enrolled in the existing national Clinical Physiology training programme undertaking the echocardiography learning
Skills & Experience
- Holds a minimum of 2 years - experience as a Cardiac Sonographer and is able to work independently
- Attained DMU or QUT or other SCT recognised Cardiac Sonographer qualification
- Registered with MRTB and maintains an APC, or eligible to register with MRTB as a cardiac sonographer without scope restrictions upon successful employment.
- Have a current advanced resuscitation certificate
- Holds a valid full New Zealand drivers licence
- Paediatric and Congenital Echocardiography experience is highly desirable.
E pā ana ki a tatou - About us
Here at Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the job title and vacancy number (AH031-23) in the subject line.
Your safety and that of our patients is important to us. It is our expectation that you will be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, having received two doses of an approved COVID 19 vaccination.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.