Senior Pharmacist, Cancer and Blood Service, Auckland City Hospital at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Do you have a keen interest and want to explore the world of Cancer and Blood? Do you have experience in haematology/oncology and are looking a change of scene? If yes, then this is the position for you.
- New Zealand’s leading oncology and haematology service
- Full-time position
- Competitive remuneration commensurate with your skills and experience
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
As a pharmacist, passionate about putting patients at the centre of everything you do, you’ll be in your element here with us. You can look forward to joining New Zealand’s leading oncology and haematology specialists and research nurses – providing clinical pharmacy expertise to complex oncology and haematology outpatients.
In this role you will become an integral part of the cancer care pharmacy team and provide support and expert guidance to our medical oncologists and haematologists in all aspects of drug use within these specialties. You’ll proficiently review chemotherapy prescriptions, and liaise with specialist clinicians to ensure appropriate, safe and cost effective delivery of chemotherapy to our patients. We’re sure you’ll also relish the chance to get involved in the development of protocols, prescriptions and guidelines, and the education and training of pharmacists and wider multidisciplinary team.
There are exciting changes and developments on the horizon in the Cancer and Blood service which the successful candidate can help play a part in and gain experience by providing input into service delivery and future proofing the service.
Click on this link to view position description
For more information, please contact Kristen Greville – Associate Clinical Lead Pharmacist on firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 0413017
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
You will be an enthusiastic clinical pharmacist, committed to furthering yourself and your peers with the ability to role model the Te Toka Tumai values.
- Qualified with a B.Pharm degree with NZ registration or applicable NZ recognised qualification from overseas, postgraduate clinical qualifications are desirable.
- Registered, or be eligible for registration, with the Pharmacy Council of New Zealand and hold a current Annual Practising Certificate. If you are internationally registered, please see the below information about Overseas Registered Pharmacists.
- Haematology and/or oncology experience highly desired
- Quick to pick up new concepts and strong attention to detail
- Drive, enthusiasm and initiative with excellent organisational and inter-personal skills are essential
- Ability to work in a bicultural environment and knowledge of the acute hospital environment
- Pro-active and can-do approach with the ability to be flexible and work autonomously as well as in a team
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time management skills, as well as the ability to develop close working relationships across disciplines
Overseas Registered Pharmacists
- For Australian registered pharmacists, please visit: https://pharmacycouncil.org.nz/pharmacy_registries/australian-registered-pharmacists/
- For pharmacists registered in UK, Ireland, Canada and USA, please visit: https://pharmacycouncil.org.nz/pharmacy_registries/pharmacists-registered-in-canada-ireland-uk-usa/
- For pharmacists registered in other countries, please visit: https://pharmacycouncil.org.nz/pharmacy_registries/pharmacists-from-other-countries/
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai Auckland.
For more information on what we offer, please click here
We offer competitive remuneration commensurate with your skill, experience and qualifications, as per the Auckland Regional Allied/Public Health and Technical MECA. We also provide relocation packages to overseas and domestic candidates, including flights, accommodation, airport transfers and freight.
For more information, please contact the hiring manager, Kristen Greville, Associate Clinical Lead Pharmacist on email@example.com or 021 0413017
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter. For help with your application please email Aaron Chamberlain, Recruitment Consultant at Aaronchamb@adhb.govt.nz
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels. We are also an Accredited Employer with Immigration NZ (Please visit Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa for more information if you will be needing a Work Visa)
We are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Our Pharmacy department is an innovative and exciting place to work. We employ over 120 staff including those working within two retail pharmacies and a flagship inpatient service. We serve over 1200 inpatient beds. Our guiding principle is to put the patient first in everything we do. Our award winning and growing clinical pharmacy service has over 40 pharmacists working across both secondary and tertiary level services.
We have a robust service strategy which ensures that our staff are continuingly driving to work at the top of their scope and pushing the boundaries of clinical pharmacy practice. We are committed to do and be our best, to value and support all staff, to work together with trust, respect and honesty, and display commitment and accountability to provide a high quality service to our patients.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.