Clinical Charge Midwife -Out of Hours at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Do you have extensive clinical midwifery knowledge?
- Do you have a calm and positive attitude?
- Are you committed to creating equity for our whānau?
If you answered Yes to all of the above, then this job is for you. We are looking for an experienced midwife to join our Clinical Charge Midwife team to provide after hours guidance and support to our team of Midwives and Nurses in Women’s Health
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We currently have a part time role available for an Out of hours Clinical Charge Midwife. Here at Te Toka Tumai we work together with whānau to provide care and support which is safe and equitable. We also offer:
- A variety of unique midwifery experiences and career opportunities across clinical, education, research and leadership that you will not find anywhere else.
- Low risk to highly complex maternity care
- Comprehensive education and support from our midwifery educators
- Research and postgraduate education e.g. Complex Care course fully funded
- On-going midwifery professional development is seen as essential for maintaining a high standard of midwifery care.
- Auckland District Health Board Wellbeing Program includes free/subsidised gym membership, boot camp, yoga, Free Shuttle bus between Hospitals (ACH and GCC) (operating Mon-Fri) and other key wellbeing initiatives to keep you at your best
About the Role:
As Out of hours Clinical Charge Midwife, you will:
- Provide guidance and support to a team of Midwives and nurses outside of business hours
- Be the go-to person for clinical advice, support and bed flow
- Provide clinical leadership on the floor and coordinate between units to enhance patient flow and care
You will bring proven leadership skills and be a role model for our staff.
For more information on what we offer, please click here
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
At Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand we are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
To be successful in this role, we are looking for the following:
- Previous proven leadership experience & strong organisational skills
- Knowledge of the NZ Maternity system and significant proven midwifery experience in secondary and tertiary care is essential
- Excellent communication skills and ability to engage with people
Click here for a copy of the Position Description
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
To apply visit our website http://www.careers.adhb.govt.nz/ using job reference number AUC16849 and attach a copy of your CV and Cover Letter.
For more information about this role please contact Raffaela Slight at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are having issues with your online application, please contact Maylaine at MaylaineC@adhb.govt.nz
Advertising closes: Sunday , April 16th 2023 at 5.00 PM (New Zealand standard time).
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.