Occupational Therapist Adult Community Mental Health Services at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitematā, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
We are looking for an experienced NZ registered Occupational Therapist for a full-time position in our Adult Community Mental Health Team based in Takapuna.
At Te Whatu Ora, we are committed to recognising the value our people bring to our organisation. We are looking for people who share our values of best care for everyone . We recognise how important it is to know that the work you do contributes to positive outcomes for whaiora, which creates a sense of achievement and satisfaction in your work.
This is an autonomous position that sits within an experienced, dynamic, multi-disciplinary team, which utilises a care coordination approach. You will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with service users, and family/whanau, to support the development of treatment and recovery plans for service users on your caseload.
We are looking to recruit a Registered Occupational Therapist with:
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm
- Experience working within a recovery framework
- Excellent skills for communicating with service users, family/whanau, team members and other agencies
- Proven skills in mental health assessment, treatment and safety planning
- An understanding of the social issues and social service systems and organisations
- Effective community and networking skills
- To be considered for this position you will have a recognised OT Qualification
- NZ registration and a current APC
- At least two years’ experience in mental health.
The successful candidate will be competent in risk assessment and formulation, and be confident in delivering core mental health interventions. In return, we will provide a supportive multidisciplinary team work environment with a strong client focus. We are committed to providing continued training and professional development opportunities.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
For further information regarding this position, please contact Andrea Dempsey, Team Manager – North Adult Mental Health services on (09) 487 1414. For recruitment enquiries, please contact Anna Tiaiho - Recruitment Consultant for Mental Health Services on (09) 442 7248.
Closing Date: 11 April 2023
Position Number: WDHB16017
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitematā|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.