Occupational Therapist Child Community (Fixed-Term, Permanent) at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Paediatric Community Occupational Therapist opportunity in a full-time role
- Supportive, friendly multidisciplinary team with great on-boarding and support
- Visa assistance package and Relocation assistance on offer for suitable candidates
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We have the opportunity for an experienced New Zealand Registered Occupational Therapist with a passion for paediatrics to join our dedicated and supportive Starship community team. Our team provides interdisciplinary care and cultural support to children; young people, their families and whānau living within the Te toka Tumai area. This is a fixed-term, full-time position and although your office is based out of Greenlane Clinical Centre most of the work will be within the community. The role will include:
- A part of the Starship Child Health directorate, our nursing; allied health and technical staff are responsible for delivering health care services to children; young people, and whānau in their home; school and community settings
- Provide assessment and therapy to children and young people with developmental and disability needs as part of our child development service
- Conduct visits to see children in their homes, early childhood centres and other community settings
- Get to know our communities, working closely with them, removing inequities and barriers to health care for priority populations, are key drivers for us each day
- Work alongside your wider Allied Health colleagues using an interdisciplinary model to deliver high quality and effective services
- On the job training with continuous improvement and development opportunities including a well-established in-service training programme
- As part of this role you will also be required to participate in our weekend and on-call roster
If you flourish in an environment where evidence-based practice, strengths in interdisciplinary practice, clinical reasoning, and decision-making skills are highly valued – this may be the role for you.
Click here to view the position description
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
As the ideal candidate for this role you will have:
- New Zealand registration as a Physiotherapist with a current Annual Practicing Certificate
- 2+ years of post-graduate clinical experience
- An overriding passion for improving outcomes for children
- A clean, full, New Zealand drivers license
- Excellent clinical reasoning skills and use of evidence informed practice
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of professional groups in a multidisciplinary bicultural environment
- Effective time management, prioritisation and organisation skills
For more information about this role please contact Fiona Howie (Locality Lead, Starship Community – Maungarei Localities) on FHowie@adhb.govt.nz
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
We are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
Te Toka Tumai Auckland is one of the leading healthcare providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary and quaternary clinical services to a large and diverse population. We have state of the art facilities and provide our services from three hospitals – Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children’s Health and Greenlane Clinical Centre.
For more information on what we offer, please click here
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Advertising closes: Friday, 7 April 2023 at Time 11:59 pm (New Zealand standard time).
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
Click here to view details about our recruitment process
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022 that includes a simplified residency process for health workers on the new “Green List” of occupations – and this position is one of those designated critical positions! Of course for successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we will provide support with their Visa application. Here are the links to two key pages of NZ Immigration's official site for more information: Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa and Immigration NZ Green List Occupations
Salary Range: Step 2 $63135 to Step 8 $85204 (Depending on experience)
The remuneration for this position is covered by a collective agreement (PSA Allied, Public Health Scientific Technical MECA)
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Elismha Lubbe - Recruitment Consultant at ElismhaL@adhb.govt.nz quoting ref #ADHB16835 to discuss how we can best support your application.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Te Toka Tumai is committed to the application of the Children’s Act 2014 and its intent to improve the safety of all children. This position is a Children’s Worker as defined by the Act.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.