Senior Speech Language Therapist (Permanent, Full-Time) at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Join our adult inpatient and outpatient Speech-Language Therapy team
- Our team is friendly and welcoming with visa support on offer for international candidates
- Relocation and Visa support on offer for suitable candidates
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We are looking for an experienced New Zealand registered Speech and Language Therapist to join our dedicated, supportive and friendly Adult Speech-Language Therapy team based at Auckland City Hospital. This is a permanent, full-time (40 hours / week) position.
- Proactively work on acute and/or complex caseload delivering high quality evidence based clinical care
- Assess and manage both communication and swallowing disorders
- Regular opportunities to use FEES and VFSS as well as regular IDT collaboration around tracheostomy and/or ventilator management
- Collaborate with team members and other work groups to achieve service objectives
- Work on developing positive working relationships with our clients / patients/ whānau
- Coaching and supervising colleagues
- Committed to professional development and continually striving for improved patient care and experience
Click here to view the position description
The Speech-Language Therapy (SLT) team, work across a range of specialist areas including stroke, oncology, haematology, neurosurgery, head & neck, cancer and cardiovascular intensive care. We work in a range of extended scope of practice areas including FEES, VFSS, and tracheostomy management. This position will be within neurosurgery however cross covering in all adult inpatient wards according to caseload prioritisation is required at times.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
As the ideal person for this role you will have the following skills and attributes:
- Bachelors qualification in Speech-Language Therapy or equivalent
- Registered member of the New Zealand Speech-Language Therapists’ Association (NZSTA) with current Annual Practicing Certificate
- 6+ years proven experience working as a Speech-Language Therapist in a hospital setting
- An understanding of bicultural issues and commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of professional groups in a multidisciplinary setting
- Effective time management, prioritisation and organisation skills
- Drive, energy and initiative with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
For more information about this role please contact Kendyl Armstrong (Speech–Language Therapy Clinical Lead) on Kendyla@adhb.govt.nz
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
We are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
Te Toka Tumai Auckland is one of the leading healthcare providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary clinical services to a large and diverse population. We have state of the art facilities and provide our services from three hospitals – Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children’s Health and Greenlane Clinical Centre.
For more information on what we offer, please click here
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Advertising closes: Wednesday, 5 April 2023 at Time 11:59 pm (New Zealand standard time).
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
Click here to view details about our recruitment process
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022. For some positions this includes a clear pathway to residency. And of course, for successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we will provide support with their Visa application. Here is a link for more information Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa.
The remuneration for this position is covered by a collective agreement (PSA Allied, Public Health Scientific Technical MECA)
Salary Range: Step 9 $87 192 to Step 12 $98 499 (Depending on experience)
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Elismha Lubbe - Recruitment Consultant at ElismhaL@adhb.govt.nz quoting ref #ADHB17110
to discuss how we can best support your application.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.