Enterprise Security Consultant at Department of Internal Affairs, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Hours: Full time
Location: Wellington, Christchurch, Auckland
Business Group: Workplace Services He Ringa Manaaki
Branch: Organisational Capability and Services
Salary: (Band IT - J ESC) $124,100 - $167,900
About the role:
DIA are looking for an Enterprise Security Consultant to work collaboratively within the Workplace Services Group and across DIA branches; to assess, develop and maintain DIA security strategies, architectures, and practices.
The role will take an enterprise-wide view, developing the methods that facilitate effective translation of business outcomes and risk management strategies into the security services and capabilities used to enable the delivery of DIA business services.
DIA Capability and maturity uplift
- Develop a strong understanding of each DIA branch business model, including business drivers, strategies, outcomes, and strategic partner relationships
- Develop and maintain security architecture processes (and models) that enable DIA to develop and implement business security solutions and capabilities that are clearly aligned with and meet DIA needs
- Serve as a primary point of contact and facilitate strategic conversations with key stakeholders to ensure there is a clear understanding of the business security changes required to deliver current and future business outcomes.
- Work with key branch stakeholders to align strategy and business plans and to uplift security and safety capability in the business
Innovation and continuous improvement
- Identify and evaluate emerging security, safety and architectural trends and ensure that the processes for supporting DIA Business Architectures remain current and effective
- Work with security practitioners, architects, and DIA partners to oversee the translation of business security requirements into investment plans and solutions aligned with business strategies.
- Work with the Security Consultants to develop security plans and roadmaps that support the ongoing delivery of Branch outcomes and the DIA four-year plan
Demonstrate experience in:
- Broad exposure to security, technical and business Architecture disciplines
- Leading large scale security review projects for enterprise customers
- Applying security and privacy principles to organisational requirements, while designing countermeasures to identified security risks.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a comparable role or show solid next step readiness
- Excellent stakeholder engagement abilities with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Identity Management experience over a range of technologies
- Experience in vulnerability management tools and passive scanning
What You'll Need To Be Successful:
- Willingness to continually upskill, including learning new technologies
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, including strong stakeholder management, presentation, and communication skills
- Experience in leading projects
- Hands-on experience implementing security solutions
- Knowledge of IT Security solutions and best practices with experience in implementation of a variety of solutions and technologies
- A relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent knowledge, skills, and experience
- Architecture Framework(s) Certification an advantage
- Security certifications (e.g., CISSP, SANS, CEH, PCI-DSS)
This role has great career opportunities with personal development supported and benefits including:
- Training as well as opportunities for paid certification
- Work/life balance
- Westpac's 'Government Employee Pac'
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Vision Care
- DIA Mentoring Scheme
- Social Scene / Sports Teams
- Wellness benefits
Discounts on health insurance
Applications close: 5pm, Tuesday, 21 March 2023.
For more information please contact: Richard Boyce, Richard.Boyce@dia.govt.nz
Job description: To review the full job descri'ption, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Department of Internal Affairs|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.