Senior Pharmacist, Medicines Information, Auckland City Hospital at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Full time (1.0 FTE), permanent role
- Join our dynamic, diverse team with innovative and stimulating work environment
- Well-developed intranet and paperless system
- Opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge in Medicines Information
- Are you an experienced pharmacist looking to take the next step in your career? If yes, then this is the position for you!
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We are looking for a full time, permanent pharmacist to join our Medicines Information (MI) Department at Auckland City Hospital. This role encompasses significant clinical pharmacist quotient. In addition, patient-facing clinical activities may be negotiated for the successful candidate. Consideration will be given to flexible working arrangement requests for the suitable candidate.
We aim to ensure that independent, evaluated and timely information about medicines is provided across Te Toka Tumai. You will join the dynamic Medicines Governance team of 10 FTE pharmacists across Medication Safety, Medicines Information and Informatics. Our team works collaboratively to maintain and develop a high quality and efficient MI service.
In this role, you will respond to queries, organise staff and student training and coordinate review of medicine-related documents across all directorates. There are also opportunities to further develop leadership skills by providing support and deputising for the MI manager. You will be able to apply your clinical pharmacy skills and knowledge in the office and ward settings, and contribute to projects within the wider Medicines Governance team.
You may be required to participate in the early, late and Saturday dispensary roster, Public Holiday Roster, and the out of hours Emergency Duties commitment provided by the Department of Pharmacy. We are open to working with the successful applicant on flexible working arrangements.
For further details, please refer to the position description here.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
As the ideal person for this role, you will have the following skills and attributes:
- Either registered or be eligible for registration with the Pharmacy Council of New Zealand and hold a current Annual Practising Certificate
- Relevant pharmacy experience (including at least three years hospital practice or 6 months working in Medicines Information). A postgraduate clinical qualification is desirable.
- Ability to lead and motivate staff whilst showing drive, enthusiasm and initiative
- Experience in computerised delivery of medicines information, evidence of practice research and staff training is highly desirable.
- Ability to develop close working relationships and work in a bicultural environment
- Pro-active and can-do approach with the ability to be flexible and work autonomously as well as in a team
Would love to know more about the role? You can contact Nicola Seto, Medicines Information Manager on 09 307 4949 ext. 29632 or email NSeto@adhb.govt.nz
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai Auckland.
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter. If you have any queries about this opportunity or accessibility or technical issues with the online process, please contact Aaron Chamberlain, Recruitment Coordinator on AaronChamb@adhb.govt.nz, quoting #ADHB14113S to discuss how we can best support your application
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
We are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.