Nurse Director Medical, Surgical & Children at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Hutt Valley, Lower Hutt
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Nau mai, haere mai ki Te Whatu Ora - Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District
Location: Lower Hutt Hospital
Service: Nurse Director Medical, Surgical & Children
Contract: Full time ( 1 FTE) Permanent or Secondment up to six months available.
Salary: $107, 708 - $161, 563.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
The Nurse Director Medical, Surgical and Children is a member of the Te Whatu Ora Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District Nursing and Midwifery Leadership Team (NAMLT) and is part of a leadership collective which has prime responsibility for supporting the Chief Nursing Officer - s (CNO) role of providing strategic nursing and midwifery leadership across the district's health system - hospital, primary and aged residential care.
The role of the Nurse Director Medical, Surgical and Children Hutt Valley is to provide strategic direction along with professional and clinical leadership for nursing within the medical, surgical and children - s Service Groups based at Hutt Hospital by working in partnership with operational and quality managers and clinical leaders. The role provides professional support to the nurses within the services and supports operational matters to meet patient/client quality standards, safe staffing (such as Care Capacity Demand Management), leading the development of new models of care, and influencing enhanced outcomes whilst contributing effective delivery of key goals for the District. Note that while this position is based at Hutt Valley hospital you may be expected to work from campuses across the Capital, Coast and Hutt Valley district.
Moū - About you
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the New Zealand Health Sector
- Knowledge of the implications of the Treaty of Waitangi with a commitment to biculturalism
- Knowledge of professional development opportunities and issues for nurses and midwives
- Sound knowledge and understanding of professional ethics.
- Minimum of five years in nursing leadership role
- Recent clinical experience relevant to the role
- Experience of developing and implementing activities and approaches that support safe staffing and grow healthy workforces
- Demonstrated people leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Planning and delivery of projects and initiatives
- Self-management and organisational skills
- Coaching & mentoring skills
- Problem solving/creative skills
Essential Professional Qualifications / Accreditations / Registrations:
- Registered Nurse with current Annual Practising Certificate (APC)
- Post-graduate qualification in health and/or management as a minimum
- Strong commitment to pro-equity approach and can evidence putting this into action
- Enthusiastic and engaged with a can-do attitude
- Optimistic, even in the face of adversity.
E pā ana ki a tatou - About us
Here at Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicity, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email email@example.com and indicate the job title and vacancy number in the subject line.
Your safety and that of our patients is important to us. It is our expectation that you will be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, having received two doses of an approved COVID 19 vaccination.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Hutt Valley|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.