Biomedical Engineering Technician, 3D Modelling and Manufacture, Auckland City Hospital at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Work at New Zealand's leading public hospital
- Opportunity to grow both as a person and as a technician while working with a friendly team
- This is a full-time, permanent opportunity working Monday to Friday.
The Clinical Engineering Service (CE) at Auckland City Hospital is responsible for the management and maintenance of clinical equipment for our hospitals. This includes engineering services as well as 3D-modelling of anatomic models and engineering solutions using appropriate soft and hardware.
As a member of the Clinical Engineering team, you will promote safe, high quality and effective Clinical Engineering services and support the organisation by ensuring that medical devices are fit for purpose and are maintained accordingly to the appropriate standards.
This is a full-time, permanent opportunity working Monday to Friday. The position is primarily based at Auckland City Hospital, with occasional travel to other local centres.
For further details, please refer to the position description here.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
- University Degree is preferred; although a Diploma or Certificate in mechanical, electronics, electrical engineering, or other relevant qualification will be equally regarded
- have a problem-solving approach and aptitude for design is necessary with good interpersonal communication skills being required to enable effective liaising with medical, technical and non-technical staff.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to be flexible and work well in a team
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritize tasks to work in a fast-paced environment
- Accuracy is essential for data entry into Asset Management Database
- High integrity combined with energy and drive and a positive “can-do” attitude
- Ability to work in a bicultural environment and knowledge of the acute hospital environment
- Customer focussed and the ability to build and maintain positive relations
- A good level of physical fitness
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai Auckland.
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
Click here to view details about our recruitment process
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Please submit your application online, outlining your experience and motivation to apply to this role.
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please Aaron Chamberlain - Recruitment Consultant at AaronChamb@adhb.govt.nz to discuss how we can best support your application.
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
We are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.