Clinical Dietitian (Permanent, Full-Time) at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Do you have a passion for working with older people?
- Do you enjoy working integrally as part of a multidisciplinary team?
- Work in partnership with our medical, nursing and allied health colleagues in an environment where team-work is prioritised, valued and the patient is at the heart of everything we do
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We have a permanent full time Dietitian role in Older Peoples Health available for an experienced New Zealand Registered Dietitian who would be keen to join our dynamic and supportive Nutrition and Dietetics Service based at Auckland City Hospital. This role would see you working 40 hours per week (1.0FTE), Monday to Friday, with rostered weekends. This role will primarily be based on our acute care of the older adult wards:
- Proactively work with a complex caseload delivering high quality outcome focused innovative care, applying evidence-based practice, interventions and education
- Enhance your skills and knowledge in the comprehensive management of a variety of patients
- Work in partnership with an individual and their whānau to provide client care
- Optimize patient experience by utilizing your excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Make positive contributions to patient care within our Nutrition and Dietetics team whilst ensuring a thorough clinical reasoning process
- Collaborate with team members and other work groups to achieve our service objectives
- Work on developing positive working relationships with our clients / patients, whānau / family
Click here to view the position description
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
As the ideal person for this role you will have the following skills and attributes:
- New Zealand Registered Dietitian with a current Annual Practicing Certificate
- 1+ years post graduate experience preferably working within an inpatient clinical dietetic setting
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of professional groups in a multidisciplinary setting
- Effective time management, flexibility, prioritisation and organisation skills
- Drive, energy and initiative with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An understanding of bicultural issues and commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi
For more information about this role please contact Eirean Gamble (Clinical Lead) on email@example.com
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
We are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
Te Toka Tumai Auckland is one of the leading healthcare providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary and quaternary clinical services to a large and diverse population. We have state of the art facilities and provide our services from three hospitals – Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children’s Health and Greenlane Clinical Centre.
For more information on what we offer, please click here
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Advertising closes: Wednesday 22 March 2023 at Time 11:59 pm (New Zealand standard time).
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
Click here to view details about our recruitment process
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022. For some positions this includes a clear pathway to residency. And of course, for successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we will provide support with their Visa application. Here is a link for more information Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa.
The remuneration for this position is covered by a collective agreement (PSA Allied, Public Health Scientific Technical MECA)
Salary Range (Depending on experience): Step 2 $63,135 to Step 10 $89,701
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Elismha Lubbe - Recruitment Consultant at ElismhaL@adhb.govt.nz quoting ref #ADHB17274 to discuss how we can best support your application.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.