Senior Advisor at New Zealand Transport Agency, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Bring your analytical and influencing skills
- Join our passionate and dynamic team
- Wellington-based role
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
This role helps to ensure that Waka Kotahi is a credible and reliable cross-government partner that delivers on the Government's priorities.
This is achieved by building relationships with other government agencies, analysing issues and advice, joining up Waka Kotahi teams and influencing external government partners to ensure that Waka Kotahi contributes to government outcomes. The role also provides strategic insights to inform Waka Kotahi leadership teams.
The role covers a diverse range of issues which will change over time, for example regional economic development, tourism and urban development. The role contains aspects of policy development and implementation, relationship management, risk identification and management, and systems thinking.
Ko koe'tēnei | About you
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Lead, manage and support Waka Kotahi participation in cross-government work programmes, including the preparation of advice to Ministers and Senior Leaders.
- Identify and manage reputational risk by establishing the underlying issue and preparing advice for Senior Leaders on how it could be resolved.
- Develop and implement processes to address reputational risk that bring together relevant expertise from across Waka Kotahi for example gaining review and input on cross-government activities.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with other government agencies. Through these relationships:
- proactively gather and provide insights back to Waka Kotahi to ensure our policy, regulatory and operational delivery teams are informed and knowledgeable of cross government priorities and outcomes
- identify opportunities for Waka Kotahi to contribute our knowledge and expertise.
- Provide insights and advice to support senior leaders to have strategic conversations with cross-government partners.
You will demonstrate knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an understanding of Te Ao Māori and promote tikanga and Te Reo Māori. You will also have knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an appreciation of te Tiriti o Waitangi (the Treaty of Waitangi) as it applies in the public sector.
Ko wai mātou | About us
At Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. Waka Kotahi has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
Te Waka Kōtuia Engagement and Partnerships Group is accountable for leading effective agency governance, stakeholder engagement and communications, and regional relationships so we are supported to achieve our goals through great organisational storytelling, effective cross government facilitation, sound reputation management and strengthened central and local government partnerships.'
Along with our other benefits we also have new Waka Kotahi Life, Income Protection and Critical Illness Insurance scheme available for permanent employees.
View the Position Description
Rā Katinga | Applications close : Midnight 21st March 2023
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
If you are a contractor/temp currently working with Waka Kotahi, you may apply for internal vacancies however please note that we will give consideration to permanent employees first.
Don't see the Refer button? This role is only able to be applied for by internal candidates so you are unable to refer external candidates for this role.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||New Zealand Transport Agency|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.