Workplace Administrator at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
1 x Permanent, fulltime Workplace Administrator - Westgate Site, Tamaki Makaurau
We're offering a competitive salary starting from $53,121 to $59,023, depending on experience.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Do you want to make a difference to New Zealand's tamariki, rangatahi, their whānau and the community? Join a great, supportive and fun team and grow your administration experience to new heights in our Tāmaki Makaurau, Westgate Site.
- Be responsible for all the administration needs of your Social Worker colleagues including assistance with financial plans for our tamariki and rangatahi
- Liaise with vendors, casual staff and other stakeholders
- Work with various cultural groups and people from different backgrounds
- Setting up board placements and providing resources with necessities
- Booking rooms, answering phones and assisting on the reception desk
- Organising welcomes for new comers and whānau as and when required
- Deal with critical scenarios in a calm, professional manner
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
- Support the Site with all aspects of Health and Safety
- Have computer and IT knowledge
- Organise and support the Manager on a daily basis
- Admin skills such as typing, reporting, responding to building and Site needs
- cultural awareness and an understanding of Tikanga Māori principles
- a commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Strong time management
- excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to your audience
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences and build and maintain rapport with others
- Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural practices in particular; knowledge of tikanga Māori, and Pacific peoples' culture
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do.
We are committed to ensuring that New Zealand is the best place in the world to be a child. We are also committed to ensuring Oranga Tamariki partners with hapū, iwi and Māori organisations to find appropriate solutions for tamariki in need.
We are committed to putting tamariki first, we believe aroha is vital, we respect the mana of people, we are tika and pono, we value whakapapa and we recognise that oranga is a journey.
How to Apply | Me pēhea te tuku tono
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address. If you have any questions about role, please contact Info_recruit@ot.govt.nz
Hurry as applications for this position close on Wednesday 22nd March 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.