Nurse Specialist - Kaiārahi Nāhi at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Are you passionate about achieving equitable outcomes for Māori and their whānau?
- Be an advocate for culture change
- Improve care pathways for our Māori patients and whānau
- Are you interested in leadership and development opportunities?
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
At Te Toka Tumai we are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We have fixed term contract full time nursing positions available within the Kaiārahi Nāhi team across multiple directorates within Adult and Child Health.
We are looking for Māori nurses to join our expanding Kaiārahi Nāhi team within Te Toka Tumai to ensure care pathways mitigate avoidable, unjust or unnecessary barriers caused by the health care system for Māori. You will assist patients along their journey, ensuring they understand the process and feel supported. You will be aware of the services available to patients within Te Toka Tumai and can work with both clinical and non – clinical staff. Learnings will be fed back to inform system change and capability build.
Kaiārahi Nāhi are supported by a wider network of the Māori Health Team where we are passionate about bettering health outcomes for our Māori whānau and communities. There are many workforce development opportunities as we grow into a space that recognises and embraces Mātauranga Māori, te ao Māori, te reo Māori and Tikanga Māori. We are a whānau centred and committed team focused on advocating for our patients and improving health outcomes and health equity for Māori.
Kaiārahi Nāhi work throughout a number of specialties at Te Toka Tumai and are constantly expanding. Placement in specialities will be discussed with applicants to determine which speciality best supports you and your passion.
For further details, please refer to the position description here.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
We are looking for Māori registered nurses with;
- A current NZ practicing certificate that have a passion to better health outcomes for Māori whānau.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working in the either the Community or hospital setting
- An ability to build relationships with both clinical and non – clinical staff and contribute regularly to leadership meetings.
- Possess a “can do” attitude that can work with and challenge the system to affect equitable change
- Have the ability to whakawhanaungatanga and form strong, meaningful connections with whānau that acknowledges, protects and enhances their mana.
For more information about this role please contact Marina Parata at MarinaP@adhb.govt.nz
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
We recognise there is more to life than mahi, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai.
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Advertising closes: 16th June 2023, 5:00 pm (New Zealand standard time).
Please submit your application online, outlining your experience and motivation to apply to this role.
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Sonam Arora Recruitment Consultant at SonamA@adhb.govt.nz to discuss how we can best support your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.