Pouārahi - Māori Heritage Advisors (2 positions - Auckland and Tauranga) Ref 168 at Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga (HNZPT) is the leading agency for heritage in Aotearoa New Zealand and is responsible for the identification, protection, preservation and conservation of the historical and cultural heritage of New Zealand.
Reporting to the Kaiurungahoe as a member of Te Tautiaki Wāhi Taonga within Te Tira (Māori Heritage Team), the Pouārahi will:
- Have a working knowledge of local narratives, histories and relationships
- provide input to the Māori Heritage component of the archaeological authority, resource management and statutory advocacy processes including planning matters
- consult with kaitiaki Māori to better manage sites of significance
- provide heritage advice, training and guidance to kaitiaki Māori
- actively engage with iwi/hapū regarding the listing of Wāhi Tapu/areas, Wāhi Tupuna and historic places of interest to Māori
- engage in outreach projects directed by the Director Māori - Tautiaki Wāhi Taonga
- promote the conservation of Māori heritage buildings
A tertiary qualification, technical competency and experience in a relevant professional field such as: Māori heritage, archaeology, heritage conservation, museums, statutory advocacy, urban planning, environment science, resource consent management, cultural monitoring or related field is required.
Experience working with iwi/hapū/kaitiaki/rūnanga/hapori whānui and other Māori organisations, and key customers is essential. A working knowledge of the relevant statutory and legislative processes and an understanding of tikanga Māori, the Treaty of Waitangi and some proficiency in Te Reo Māori is required.
Applications close 5pm Sunday 2 April 2023
Applicants should state in their application if they are applying for the position based in Auckland, Tauranga or either role.
For more information about the role and how to apply, please refer to our website:
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Hospitality & Tourism|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.