Senior Urban Designer at Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities , Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Auckland Location - Carlton Gore
- Flexible work life balance
- Salary $123,678 + 5 weeks' annual leave and a suite of additional benefits
Senior Urban Designer x2
Mō mātou - Our Organisation
At Kāinga Ora, ours is the important responsibility of transforming New Zealand's housing choices, outcomes and the entire housing sector by creating homes and communities that allow New Zealanders to thrive.
What is exciting about working for Kāinga Ora is getting the chance to make a real and positive impact on New Zealanders' lives. With skills, planning and purposeful action, our people are creating the homes and neighbourhoods that will build the future of Aotearoa.
We are passionate about transforming New Zealand for the better. That includes being a trusted partner for Māori and iwi, protecting and enabling their rights, interests and aspirations under the guidance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Ko tā mātou mahi - Our Role
The Urban Planning and Design group provides strategic leadership on urban planning, provides best practice urban design and planning advice, leads the management of Kāinga Ora large scale strategic partnerships and works closely with place based groups, iwi, local and central government agencies and the private sector to facilitate urban development opportunities.
The Senior Urban Designer will:
- Manage the development of masterplans to ensure the delivery of 'sustainable well-functioning urban environments with quality amenities where communities can thrive'
- Lead production of spatial analysis and feasibility propositions for site briefs, so that they adhere to Kāinga Ora design guidance and exhibit excellent urban design outcomes
- Provide urban design input into all Kāinga Ora residential developments, providing site analysis and preliminary concept options (site layout and bulk/location studies) for potential development projects,
- Provide design support to Development Managers to ensure high quality urban design outcomes for their developments
- Mentor junior urban design staff and carry out peer-review
- Procure and manage design consultants as necessary
- Use effective communication, leadership skills and technical expertise to successfully influence urban design, architecture and landscape architecture outcomes for projects.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu - What you will bring
- A post-graduate qualification in Urban Design with an undergraduate qualification in Architecture, Landscape Architecture or Urban Planning
- Understanding of partnership obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi
- At least 7 years' experience working as an Urban Designer, with experience in a range of public and private contexts
- Experience in the preparation of urban design reports, including the preparation of graphic material, with strong technical drawing skills
- Experience working successfully with a variety of stakeholders including community, developers, investors, local government agencies, design consultants etc
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you?
We offer competitive salaries, five weeks' annual leave and a benefits package including a range of insurances, flexible working arrangements and career development. These benefits are described in more detail here https://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz/a-great-place-to-work/benefits.
As a Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities employee, we want to make sure that you have all the tools and support you need. We want to ensure you are healthy and have work-life balance. We also want to support and grow your personal and career development through on-the-job learning, training courses, secondments and study opportunities.
Ō Tātou Uara - Our Values
Our values were developed by us, for us. They unite us as an organisation and guide how we work every day. Our values are:
- Manaakitanga - People at the Heart
- Mahi Tahi - Better Together
- Whanake - Be Bold
Tūhono mai - Join us
To view the position description and apply for this role, please follow the online process via http://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz. Please note: all applicants, including existing employees, need to follow this process. If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via Kaingaora.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Sunday 26th March 2023
We value diversity and are committed to working with each other and our customers in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference brings to the organisation.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.