Allied Health Assistant Older Persons & Rehabilitation Services at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Lakes, Bay of Plenty
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Allied Health Assistant Older Persons & Rehabilitation Unit
Permanent, part time 24 hours per week
An exciting opportunity has become available to work as an Allied Health care assistant and join our passionate and multi-disciplinary team in the Older Persons stroke and Rehabilitation unit here at Te Whatu Ora Lakes.
About the role
• The main purpose of the role is to effectively support the provision of Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy within the OPRS service. Support is provided primarily through undertaking a broad range of Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy activities as directed by the registered Physiotherapists and Occupational therapists.
• This is a permanent position working 0.7FTE (56 hrs per fortnight). This is made up of 8hour days, no weekend work.
You should have
• A Full driver’s license is a prerequisite for this position.
• A Health related qualification would be desirable.
• A knowledge of Te Tiriti O Waitangi in the provision of health care services and support to Māori.
• A knowledge of Te Tiriti O Waitangi in practice, process, policy development and decision making.
• Skills in pronunciation of Te Reo Māori words and names
• Excellent organisational and time management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal communication
• Proven ability as a team player
• Ability to carry out delegated, selected and skilled tasks in an effective manner
• Adaptability / Flexibility
• Initiative and sound problem-solving skills
• Ability to recognise boundaries within role
• Ability to manage stress
• Enthusiasm and interest for working within the Service area
$ 51,820 to $62,154 pro-rated to hours worked.
If you meet the above, apply online now via https://www.lakesdhb.govt.nz/ or contact Amanda Catena at Amanda.Catena@lakesdhb.govt.nz. The selection process starts from the date of advertising.
To be eligible to work at Te Whatu Ora Lakes, you must be fully vaccinated, including COVID-19.
Click here for Collective Agreement Allied Healtjh & Technical Emplpyees
Click here for Position Description
Te Whatu Ora Lakes provides healthcare to a population of 110,000 people from its two modern and progressive general hospitals in Rotorua and Taupo, New Zealand. The Lakes district is well known for its many outdoor recreational activities such as mountain biking, skiing, and fishing. Family friendly beaches are also an hour’s drive away. The Lakes district has a growing multi-cultural community and is becoming the lifestyle destination of choice. Working at Te Whatu Ora Lakes provides a great opportunity to balance an amazing lifestyle with a rewarding professional experience in an excellent and supportive work environment.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Lakes|
|Location:||Bay of Plenty|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.