Service Manager - Operating Theatre Services at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley, Wellington Hospital
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Nau mai, haere mai ki Te Whatu Ora - Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District
Location: Wellington Regional Hospital
Service: Operating Theatres
Contract: permanent full time
Salary: NZNO Nurses/Midwives MECA - Step1- 4
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
Wellington Operating Theatres is seeking applications for the permanent role of Service Manager - Operating Theatres. Work will encompass providing leadership to a dedicated team and managing an efficient high quality service.
You will enjoy working with people, motivating and guiding them to work as a tight knit unit and to always give their best. You will be known as someone who is able to get along with a wide range of people from a variety of backgrounds. Your excellent written communication skills will be well utilised for ensuring our standard operating procedures are well documented.
The purpose of this role is;
- To manage efficient and effective Operating Theatre Services in accordance with strict KPIs, measurements and standards and in line with all contracted surgical throughput requirements and contemporary theatre practices.
- The achievement of maximum utilisation of all Theatre facilities, efficient use of all resources and elimination of waste risk and unnecessary costs.
- The development of staff to deliver speciality services as well as acute/out of hours services to agreed quality standards.
- To deliver services in accordance with the strategy set by surgical speciality staff and Te Whatu Ora - Capital, Coast and to maintain positive and productive relations with all surgeons and services at the theatre interface, e.g. ICU, ED, Wards.
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About our team
Te Whatu Ora - Capital, Coast hospitals include Wellington Regional Hospital (servicing a tertiary population of 900,000) and Kenepuru Hospital (a secondary level community hospital), with a total of 19 resourced operating theatres.
Wellington Regional Hospital is one of the newest hospitals in New Zealand and one of 5 tertiary level teaching hospitals in the country. It is a state of the art facility with innovative models of care. Wellington provides twenty four hour tertiary level acute surgery services whereas Kenepuru provides elective operating only.
Moū - About you
The successful applicant will ideally possess the following attributes;
- Significant experience and knowledge at a leadership level within Operating Theatres.
- Experience in the development of quality systems and processes, process improvement and management of change, related to both people and technology.
- Experience in operational management in a multidisciplinary context, in budget management and preparation and in human resource management.
Your experience in managing people in an operational setting will be essential in ensuring the team is fully focused on achieving set expectations in our tertiary hospital.
E pā ana ki a tatou - About us
Here at Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicity, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email email@example.com and indicate the job title and vacancy number in the subject line.
Your safety and that of our patients is important to us. It is our expectation that you will be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, having received two doses of an approved COVID 19 vaccination.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.