Ward Clerk | Te Awakura Hillmorton Hospital at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury, Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Full time permanent position available based at Te Awakura Hillmorton Hospital
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work in an inclusive team environment.
- Availability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
Te Whatu Ora Waitaha Canterbury are looking for an experienced Ward Clerk to join our Administration team based at Te Awakura, Hillmorton Hospital on a full-time permanent basis.
Te Awakura provides acute inpatient care to those adult consumers of our Mental Health system requiring inpateint care.
Working closely with our interdisciplinary staff, you - ll need to have sound knowledge of the English language paired with proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite. It is desirable, but not essential, that you have experience in the mental health sector Our ideal candidate will have a proven ability in customer services, effective communication and need to display initiative and flexibility to cover other clerical functions essential to our team. You have a compassionate and patient nature that will be on full display.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- General clerical and administrative tasks
- Entering information onto the patient management system
- Answering phones and greeting parents and their families
- Delivering great customer service
- Maintain accurate filing of clinical notes and patient files
- Coordinate and maintain Ward statistics data
- Transport arrangements for certain patients
You will be well accustomed to working within a fast-paced environment and prioritising your tasks continuously as your day evolves.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Excellent interpersonal skills - able to relate to parents, their whānau and Te Whatu Ora Health NZ staff
- Attention to detail
- Organisational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Experience using a Patient Management System (desirable)
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Able to pick up and use new systems and technology
- Intermediate Microsoft Suite Skills (Word, Outlook, Excel)
Mō mātou | About Us
- Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do -
We are committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations. We believe in improving, promoting, and protecting the health and well-being of the Canterbury and the West Coast community.
The culture at Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ] Waitaha Canterbury, is driven by our ā Mātou Uara (Our Value - - - - - - - s):
- Care and respect for others - Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do - Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes - Te Takohanga i ngā hua
Ngā hua | Benefits of working at Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ]
When you work at the Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ], you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and businesses. At Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ], you are part of something greater than yourself and encouraged to be your unique self
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted, therefore apply directly on our career site here. Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ] Waitaha Canterbury, there could be a place for you!
Please visit our careers website for other roles and find your ideal fit within the Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ] Waitaha Canterbury
The Future of the Health Industry
It will be a condition of employment for this role that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Dose. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19 or pass Covid-19 to other staff. This can place an increased burden on our healthcare system. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Nau mai, haere mai, tauti mai!
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.