Adviser/Senior, Investor Information at Financial Markets Authority, Multiple Locations
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Ko wai mātou - Who we are
As New Zealand's conduct regulator for the finance sector, the Financial Markets Authority (FMA) promotes and facilitates the development of fair, efficient, and transparent financial markets. Our purpose is to foster the fairest financial sector in the world.
With us, you'll be making a difference by enabling New Zealanders to have confidence that our financial sector provides a strong foundation for their financial future - helping them to save and invest, manage their risks, borrow, make payments, and support their families.
He angitūtanga - The opportunity
We are looking for an Adviser or Senior Adviser to join our busy Investor Information team. This team aims to improve investor information (including product disclosure statements and disclosures on websites and social media advertising) through formal and informal market engagement.
You would be in a collaborative environment and your work would be shaped by market activity. Your day-to-day responsibilities would likely include:
- Proactive identification of, and reactive response to, potential harm arising from deficient or false and misleading investor information (such as greenwashing).
- Risk assessment and review of primary and ongoing disclosures for offers of managed funds (including KiwiSaver), debt (including listed bonds and non-bank deposit takers), equity (including IPO's and unlisted securities) and derivatives, with direct engagement with market participants (and their advisers) when necessary.
- Providing subject matter expertise to other FMA teams, including for exemption applications and for cases elevated for investigation and enforcement.
- Ownership of complaints and queries from outside of the FMA which are relevant to investor information requirements.
- Drafting of guidance to ensure that market participants have clear and well-understood responsibilities, to communicate good practice, and so that investors have access to the information they need to make informed decisions.
He kōrero mōu - About you
To be successful in this role, you'll have at least three years of relevant experience in a financial services or legal role. It would be an advantage if you have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of:
- financial products (across managed funds, equity, debt, derivatives) and financial markets participants; and
- legislation relevant to the New Zealand financial sector (especially the Financial Markets Conduct Act and regulations).
To be considered for the senior advisor position we would be looking for a high level of experience, you would have strong technical knowledge and proven analytical, critical thinking and reasoning skills.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou - What we offer
You'll have the benefit of joining an organisation that is hard working, fast paced and committed, while also enjoying the social and flexible environment that we've created for individuals and teams to thrive. Our focus on learning and development, quality coaching and career opportunities will see your potential being realised and efforts truly valued.
To discover more and apply, click 'Apply now!' or for further information or confidential enquiries please contact Jessi Kadow 09 967 1237.
Applications close 5pm 31 March 2023.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Financial Markets Authority|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Accounting & finance|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||PD - Adviser - Investor Information.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.