Social Worker - Greymouth at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, West Coast
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Flexible working arrangements
- Greymouth site
- Competitive salary ranging from $78,840 to $94,715 depending on experience
Mō te tūnga | About the role
In this role, you will be delivering high-level evidence based and quality social work services where you will be working in partnership with tamariki, their families along with external agencies and communities. You will be providing assessment and establishing programmes to identify the best outcomes for all stakeholders.
Our team of practitioners are a tight knit group who work closely together in supporting Oranga Tamariki in delivering positive outcomes for tamariki and rangatahi.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
Key requirements of the role include:
- A recognised Social Worker qualification by the Social Worker Registration Board
- Full registration with New Zealand's Social Worker Registration Board
- To demonstrate resilience, critical thinking and problem-solving techniques
- To uphold the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
- To have a good understanding of section 7(AA) of The Oranga Tamariki Act
- A valid, clean and full New Zealand's drivers' licence
- Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural practices in particular; knowledge of tikanga Māori, and Pacific peoples' culture
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do.
Our purpose is to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities where oranga tamariki can be realised. We believe that by getting involved early in their lives and showing love and care, we give children the best chance of growing into happy thriving New Zealanders.
We are committed to putting tamariki first, we believe aroha is vital, we respect the mana of people, we are tika and pono, we value whakapapa and we recognise that oranga is a journey.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address. If you have any questions about role, please contact Info_recruit@ot.govt.nz
Hurry as applications for this role close on 27th March 2023.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.