Residential Tutor Agricultural at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Canterbury
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent, Full-Time position
- Rolleston Site
- Salary ranging from $73,192 to $81,324 dependant on experience
Our Youth Justice Residence Te Puna Wai o Tuhinapo provides a safe, secure and supportive environment where rangatahi (young people) who have offended can make changes and get their lives back on track.
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
• We put Tamariki first
• We believe Aroha is vital
• We respect the Mana of people
• We are Tika and Pono
• We value Whakapapa
• We recognise that Oranga is a journey
Our purpose is to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities where oranga tamariki can be realised. We believe that by getting involved early in their lives and showing love and care, we give children the best chance of growing into happy thriving New Zealanders.
Mō te tūnga | About the role:
The purpose of this role is to provide a high standard of vocational tutoring and create high quality programme plans, risk assessments and evaluations relevant to the needs of the specific programme. Identifying and escalating any risks, issues or needs.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
- Strong understanding of Health and Safety requirements
- Outstanding agricultural knowledge
- Empathy for working with high-risk youth
- Tolerance and understanding, discretion and the ability to build positive relationships with tamariki
- The ability to actively promote a pro-social environment, and be a positive role model
- A high level of consistency in behaviour at all times, generating confidence and commitment of other through his/her own ethical conduct
Mōu | About you
- Previous experience teaching/tutoring within an Agricultural environment/farming experience
- A teaching certificate or qualification is essential
- A current first aid certificate (if you don't hold one, assistance will be given to obtain one)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Need a full, clean, valid driver licence
- Meet the Children's Act safety checking and Police Vetting requirements
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
Oranga Tamariki offer an impartial remuneration package starting at $73,192 per annum, that offers progression annually for experience through tenure. We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
To see all the benefits of working for Oranga Tamariki, please visit https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
If you have a passion for the growth and development of young people, are an ex farmer who can teach, or are currently an Agricultural Tutor looking for a rewarding opportunity to make a difference, we would love to hear from you.
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV and Cover Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you register or login using your work email address. For reporting and transparency, it is important that all applications are submitted through our careers site, please do not email through applications and/or CVs.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Monday 3rd April 2023 at 11:55pm
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Social, welfare & community|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Residential Tutor (agricultural) OT.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.