Finance Business Partner at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Permanent, Auckland based
Mō te tūnga | About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Business Partner. The role will provide trusted, insightful and comprehensive financial advice and support to Deputy Chief Executives and their leadership teams with a strong regional focus. The role will be responsible for ensuring the provision of timely and accurate information and business support to assist financial and operational decision-making and management. The Finance Business Partner also plays a leadership role within the Finance team.
About us | Mō mātou
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
Our purpose is to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities where oranga tamariki can be realised. We believe that by getting involved early in their lives and showing love and care, we give children the best chance of growing into happy thriving New Zealanders.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
Key requirements of the role include:
- Demonstrated ability to influence and build relationships at all levels of the organisation and quickly gain the confidence of senior leaders
- Experience leading and managing work in an environment experiencing extensive change
- A pragmatic and solutions-focused approach with the delivery and direction of work
- Capacity to provide sound advice to support managers to make informed decisions and minimize risk
- Confidence to apply your skills and knowledge across a breadth of finance and commercial disciplines
- Displaying effective leadership to help build a high performing, agile team across the management accountant team
- To enjoy investigating issues, understanding the financial impacts and the implications for the business unit
- Develop strategies that deliver value to the organisation, and that appropriately manage risks and service level expectations, and facilitate the achievement of optimal performance in the delivery of service
- Excellent working knowledge of relevant standards, principles, policies, systems and processes, procedures, guidelines, practice and regulation
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of management accounting and financial management principles and practices
To succeed, you will be commercially and financially astute, a motivated self-starter who thrives in a challenging environment, with the ability to build strong and credible relationships across a wide audience. You will either be CA or equivalent qualified or have a tertiary qualification in a related discipline. This role will provide exposure at a senior level.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you:
We offer a dedicated and supportive team, flexible work options, competitive remuneration and the opportunity to apply your skills and experience to improving the wellbeing and outcomes of our children and young people. We offer a collaborative and innovative culture where our people thrive to adhere to best practice while constantly challenging the status quo. An opportunity to build on your leadership skills through managing a direct report and providing coaching across the wider Finance team.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply:
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you register or login using your work email address.
If you have any questions about role, please contact email@example.com
Applications close: Monday 27 March 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Accounting & finance|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Finance Business Partner - Position Description.PDF|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.