Litigation Support Officer - Palmerston North at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Manawatu - Wanganui
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Litigation Support Officer - Palmerston North
Are you looking to work in a fast-paced government legal environment?
About us | Mō mātou
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children is a Ministry dedicated to supporting any child in New Zealand whose wellbeing is at significant risk of harm, now or in the future. We also work with young people who may have offended or are likely to offend.
Our commitment and purpose are putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities where oranga tamariki can be realised. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
About the role | Mō te tūnga
Reporting to the Practice Manager - Legal Services, an opportunity has arisen to become part of the litigation support team based in Palmerston North where you will provide litigation support to the region, as well as the nationwide litigation support team as required.
The Litigation Support Officer will be responsible for providing confidential, efficient, and professional litigation support to solicitors, legal staff, and managers, including managing correspondence, updating, and maintaining electronic diaries and databases, file management and preparing legal documentation. The role also requires liaison with Court staff, Ministry staff, and external members of the legal profession or advocates to support the Ministry's litigation work.
You will be strongly supported in an environment that values continuous improvement and fosters a culture of striving to make our service better for our customers.
What you will bring | Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu
- Preferable experience in providing legal support and experience working within private practice or court environments.
- Advanced level of computing and keyboard skills including proficiency in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and demonstrated proficiency working in a digitalised environment.
- A strong ability to build and maintain relationships
- Welcomes and values diversity and contributes to an inclusive working environment where differences are acknowledged and respected.
- Welcomes and embraces diversity and the need as a public servant, to understand and support the Māori Crown relationship and support cultural competence as a best-practice feature.
- The ability to be flexible and adaptable, calm in a dynamic and changing environment and willing to assist wherever may be needed
- An ability to quickly absorb information and decide on the appropriate course of action
- Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural practices in particular; knowledge of tikanga Māori, and Pacific peoples' culture
- A high level of accuracy and excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise, schedule work to meet deadlines and maintain the quality of services delivered.
- A strong aptitude for working and managing sensitive and confidential information
What's in it for you | Nōu te rourou
Annual remuneration for this position is dependent on experience, with tenure-based progression steps available. We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow.
Our generous benefits include: https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
How to Apply | Me pēhea te tuku tono
Apply online with your CV and Cover Letter to the Practice Manager - Legal Services. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you register or login using your work email address.
For reporting and transparency, it is important that all applications are submitted through our careers site, please do not email through applications and/or CVs.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 27 March 2023
Oranga Tamariki is committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities and welcome applications from everyone who can meet the requirements of the role. We also support flexible working arrangements.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Location:||Manawatu - Wanganui|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.