Intelligence Analyst - Entry level / Intermediate / Senior at NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Our work is secret, but the reason for our success isn't. It's our people.
And we're just like you. We're ordinary people. But together, we're doing extraordinary things to protect New Zealand and New Zealanders.
You may never have considered a career as an Intelligence Analyst, but you could have the education, life experience, background and transferable skills to start in this unique career.
We're looking for people with a wide range of skills and qualities to join our team. Entry level, intermediate and senior Analyst positions are available.
As an Intelligence Analyst, you will identify, investigate, analyse and assess national security threats facing New Zealand and New Zealanders at home and abroad. You'll produce operational and strategic analysis to support a range of dynamic operations and activities.
Training and opportunities to specialise
This is a role with both variety and opportunities to specialise. You'll receive a range of training along with three structured placements in your first year. Training may be negotiated for intermediate and senior Analysts based on existing experience and skills.
Entry level candidates will attend an initial 6 week pass/fail training course in Wellington.
As these roles are based in Wellington and Auckland, you may be asked to move between these locations during your employment.
What are we looking for?
Along with an interest in national security and foreign affairs, qualities we are looking for include:
- Critical thinking, judgement and analytical ability
- Problem solving skills
- An ability to challenge accepted positions and make objective decisions
- Strong interpersonal skills - able to maintain diverse relationships
- Excellent communication skills and ability to make persuasive recommendations
- Experience juggling competing priorities and resilience working under pressure
For intermediate or senior analysts, you will have:
- Existing intelligence training
- Experience with strategic analysis
- Demonstrated understanding of risk management
- Ability to self-task and be proactive
- Experience building and leveraging a wide range of relationships
- Demonstrated ability to produce timely outputs, including verbal and written briefings
Our selection process
If you are shortlisted and progressed through the selection process, you can expect to complete cognitive and psychometric testing, an assessment centre and interview.
Successful applicants will start with us in February 2024 and will be required to commit to approximately six weeks of initial training in Wellington. Prior to each placement in your first year, you may need to attend specific training modules in Wellington.
The starting salary for this position is within the following ranges depending on your skills, experience and knowledge. This is a multi-level position, allowing for career progression.
- Level 1 (entry): $70,850 - $90,530
- Level 2 (intermediate): $83,700 - $106,950
- Level 3 (senior): $99,047 - $126,560
We offer our people comprehensive benefits, flexible working and work-life balance. Join us and let us help you become Beyond Ordinary.
For more information on the role and how to apply, please see our website.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS)|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Defence, corrections & security|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.