Committee Advisory Member at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Multiple Locations
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Expression of Interest
Tālofa, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Kia orana, Talofa lava, Mālō e lelei, Ni Sa Bula Vinaka, Noa'ia, Mauri, Kia ora, Tēnā koutou katoa and warm Pacific greetings
We have an exciting opportunity for two new members to join the Oranga Tamariki Pacific Panel Advisory Group.
The purpose of the Pacific Panel is to provide the Chief Executive, Oranga Tamariki with an independent Pacific perspective into the design and implementation of Oranga Tamariki policies, practices, and services.
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki, rangatahi and whanau at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamaiti first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
To achieve better outcomes for the care and safety of Pacific tamariki, rangatahi and whanau the Pacific Panel will provide strategic advice to support the realisation of the Oranga Tamariki Pacific Strategy 2021 - 2024. Underpinned by the Oranga Tamariki Values are our Pacific principles:
- Children are our treasure, O 'au o matua fanau
- Love and Prosperity, Aro'a & Moui Olaola
- Respect, Faka'apa'apa
- Reciprocity, Fa'ataualofa
- Faith & Spirituality, Fakatunaki & Na nogu vakabauta
- Village Approach, Te kaiga maopo'opo
Acknowledging our changing youthful and diverse Pacific community, including a growing number of Pacific tamariki, rangatahi and whanau who whakapapa to Māori, we are committed to our partnerships with hapū, iwi and Māori and community organisations for community-led solutions.
- Location flexible - meetings will be held mainly in Auckland or Wellington. Travel is arranged.
- Fixed term (21 months) to December 2024
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
Key requirements of the role include:
- Cultural knowledge and experience with working in Pacific communities, churches and/or with Pacific providers would be advantageous
- Experience and knowledge of the Care and Protection and/or Youth Justice system is desirable
- Passionate commitment and experience with working with Pacific tamariki and rangatahi
- Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural practices in particular; ethnic specific knowledge within the Pacific peoples' communities throughout Aotearoa.
- Professional, organisational, sector leadership experience would be advantageous
- Community leadership within Pacific communities' experience is desirable
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Cover letter. If you have any questions about the role of being a Pacific Panel member or the Pacific Panel, please contact Info_recruit@ot.govt.nz
Expressions of interest for this role closes on Monday 27 March 2023
Oranga Tamariki is committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities and welcome applications from everyone who can meet the requirements of the role. We also support flexible working arrangements.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Category:||Social, welfare & community|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.