Senior Digital & Content Advisor at NZ Police, Wellington - Hutt Valley;Wellington - Kapiti;Wellington - Masterton;Wellington - Porirua;Wellington - Tawa;Wellington - Upper Hutt;Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
New Zealand Police is working with the community to make New Zealanders be safe and feel safe. With over 13,000 staff, we provide policing services 24 hours a day, every day. We operate by land, sea and air, manage over 860,000 emergency calls a year and are always actively preventing crime and crashes.
We’re working towards specific goals and targets that highlight our intent to work collaboratively with iwi and communities, other government sectors and business partners to deliver ‘Our Business’ and achieve long-term change.
Senior Digital and Content Advisor
Location: Rugby House , Wellington
Starting from: $87,401
Reporting to: Manager Communications
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Te Tari Pūreke - Firearms Safety Authority, is focused on making our communities safer by overseeing the legitimate possession and use of firearms in New Zealand.
Established to modernise, lead, and operate a refreshed firearms regulatory framework, Te Tari Pūreke is responsible for delivering a more efficient and effective risk-based licensing system, educating and encouraging the safe possession and use of firearms Aotearoa, and improving public confidence in the firearms licensing system overall.
As the system regulator we are committed to earning the trust and confidence of New Zealanders by working together in partnership with the firearms community, iwi, the wider New Zealand public, other policing groups, as well as other agencies and organisations to achieve collective impact.
Contributing to the delivery of these outcomes, the Senior Digital and Content Advisor role will plan, develop, and deliver content that motivates New Zealanders to comply with the firearms regulations.
Supporting the Manager of Communications on key aspects of the online environment, you will be responsible for the Firearms Safety Authority’s web, intranet, and social media positioning and content.
You’ll have tonnes of energy, great strategic nous, and come with a well-developed risk radar, as you personally lead the development of our online and digital channels into more effective communications and engagement assets.
Takohanga Matua | Key Accountabilities:
- Act as a subject matter expert in publishing web and digital content, maintaining expert knowledge in web content presentation, usability, and accessibility.
- Be instrumental in driving continuous improvement of the Te Tari Pūreke - Firearms Safety Authority website, pushing this channel to be truly customer-centric and easy to navigate and use.
- Plan, create and publish engaging online and digital content consistent with Te Tari Pūreke - Firearms Safety Authority’s communications strategies, plans and key messages, including ensuring our online content adheres to our brand/style guide and agreed editorial direction and tone of voice.
- Design, develop, test and implement solutions to the Te Tari Pūreke - Firearms Safety Authority’s Web, Intranet and Social Media presence. You will regularly review and edit/curate our online content.
- Be responsible for the prioritisation of work, including championing processes to oversee workflow and harmonising content from across the organisation.
- Establish and maintain appropriate working relationships with key internal stakeholders, including business unit leaders within Te Tari Pūreke; and within Police Communications, and Information and Technology business units.
- Actively monitor analytics and track the performance of content, social media and community sentiment, and report issues and metrics as appropriate.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- 5+ years’ experience in a relevant social media, communications, digital content, or editorial role - including extensive experience in social media oversight.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering user-centred web content in public sector organisations.
- Applicants need to be New Zealand Permanent Residents
- A standard Police vetting check is required.
- Drug and Alcohol testing
We will ask you questions based on “How we will deliver Our Business – Core Competencies” and the appropriate role level.
For more information on Our Core Competencies, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/publications/core-competencies-how-we-will-deliver-our-business.pdf
For further information on the application process and vetting and clearances required please click here: https://www.police.govt.nz/careers/how-apply-vacancy
To view the Position Description for this role, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/pd/03-2023/senior_digital_and_content_advisor_te_tari_pureke.pdf
Pāwhiria i konei kia tonoa te tūnga | If this position sounds like you, click apply now. You will be required to submit an application form and a CV
Mēnā he pātai āu mō te tūnga, ka pai tō whakapā atu ki te tīma National Recruitment mā te email@example.com
If you have any questions about this vacancy, the National Recruitment team can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org
Ka katia ngā tono ā te 28th March - 5pm, | Applications close 28th March - 5pm
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Location:||Wellington - Hutt Valley;Wellington - Kapiti;Wellington - Masterton;Wellington - Porirua;Wellington - Tawa;Wellington - Upper Hutt;Wellington|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Communications, media, & marketing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.