Team Assistant - NZEC at The Treasury, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Unique opportunity to work alongside New Zealand's Export Credit and help us support the team with your exemplary administration skills
- Can you add real value and think outside the administrative assistant box?
- Do you continuously look for new ways to lend support and make improvements?
- Interesting work, and a great team!
- Fixed Term role through to 30 June 2024.
Mō mātou | About Us
Here at Te Tai Ōhanga - The Treasury, we are committed to Tiakitanga (our role of stewardship) to make Aotearoa a better place for people today and in the future. We safeguard New Zealand's finances and are the Government's trusted economic advisor. Our vision is to lift living standards for all New Zealanders.
Our Export Credit Team is one of the operational functions of the Financing Infrastructure and Urban Development Directorate at the Treasury. We provide financial guarantee solutions to help New Zealand exporters grow internationally.
Kōrero mō te tūranga | About the Role
As Team Assistant (TA), you will provide exemplary administration, secretarial and coordination support to leaders and their teams to keep them running at full speed. Your responsibilities will include:
- Email, inbox and diary management
- Coordinating meetings and liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Assisting with the development of NZEC's external collateral and content for NZEC's social media
- Developing and drafting a range of correspondence
- Taking minutes and following through on actions
- Resource, finance (including invoice/payment), HR and travel administration
- Leading and assisting event management as required, including logistics and programme scheduling.
This role is fixed-term until June 2024, to cover a secondment.
Ō pūmanawa | About You
You are a talented administrator who is ahead of the curve when it comes to modern processes and practices. You'll bring initiative and the ability to work at pace and prioritise effectively to support your managers across a variety of work. You'll be a team player who enjoys working collaboratively as you will be called upon to assist with the wider business support network.
To be successful in this role, you will bring with you
- Demonstrated previous administrative experience
- A highly organised and efficient approach with an eye for detail
- A pro-active, can-do attitude and a desire to stretch your administrative capabilities
- The ability to multi-task, re-prioritise and react to issues that arise during the day whilst keeping calm and professional
- A strong customer focus, excellent communication/interpersonal skills and a passion for building great relationships
- Excellent IT skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and a range of web tools
Ko ngā hua | What we Offer
- The opportunity to work in a supportive and high-performing team and internal opportunities across the organisation
- An environment where excellence is recognised, and staff are encouraged to develop their own talents and potential
- A workplace that values diversity and inclusion and recognises the value of your lived experiences
- Flexible work arrangements and encouragement to enjoy a positive work/life balance with and a range of health and wellbeing initiatives
Tono mai ināianei | Apply Now
Please see the Job Description for further detail or for more information and a korero please contact Sophie Edgecombe, Talent Advisor - Sophie.Edgecombe@Treasury.govt.nz
Rā kati | Applications close: 27 March 2023, at 11:59pm. All applications must be made online. We will be reviewing applications as they are received and may progress with suitable applicants prior to the application closing date.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||NZEC TA Job Description(4768988.1).docx|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.